Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Accokeek- June 22, 2007

ninetales1234

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Prepare for SoMD's last Premiere Event! Accokeek Battle Road is just around the corner!

15901 Indian Head HWY
    Accokeek MD 20607

• Time:
    Friday, June 22, 2007
    Registration- begins at 5:00pm
    Round One pairings- 6:00pm
    Try to show up on time- The venue owner has told me that the maximum capacity is 50 participants. He has received alot of phone calls in regard to this tournament, and will be making a preregistration list. I do not think we will need it, but just in case. Those who are on the list will take priority (until 5:50pm) over those who are not, if the number of people who show up exceeds 50. If you would like to be on this list, call Comics MD: (301) 203-8500.

• Prizes:
    -EDIT: I had to make a few changes to the prize structure. After adding everything up, here are the total prizes in each age group:

1st place
    10 Pokémon TCG boosters
    1 Battle Road Promo card
    1 Holon Transceiver

2nd place
    6 Pokémon TCG boosters
    1 Legend Maker deck box
    1 Power Keepers notebook

3rd place
    4 Pokémon TCG boosters

4th place
    2 Pokémon TCG boosters

Last place
    1 Pokémon: the 3rd Movie promo card

-Here's a summary of the prize package. There are even more prizes! Here's what the Battle Road Promo card looks like.
    -Randomly selected players will receive a Pokémon toy, (possibly one of the Burger King toys from 2000 or the giant Pikachu), a reversible PokeBall Mew, Pokemon: the Power of One VHS, Mewtwo Returns VHS, Diamond & Pearl Lucario card sleeves, Latios & Latias card, Hasbro Meowth, or a Power Keepers Notebook.
    -I will give a random promo card (and possibly a Diamond & Pearl prerelease staff promo card) and a POP 3 booster to anyone that tells me, during registration, they saw this ad on PokéGym.net (I will ask you what my username is, just to make sure!). Supplies are limited.
    -This is a Premiere Event so you will be playing for a Premiere Rating. Those with the best Premiere Ratings get a paid invite to the World Championship

• Contacts:
    TO: ninetales1234
    Judge: ixidor89

• Format: Modified-Constructed
    Here is a decklist.
    I will be looking at your decks. Make sure your deck is Modified-legal the first time.

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, keep in mind that, this tournament venue is a retail venue. Comics MD sells Pokemon cards.

• Tournament Style: Age Modified Swiss + Single Elimination

• Admission: Free!

• Make sure you come with:
    -Something to write with (to record your wins/losses)
    -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping
    -Money, if you want to buy stuff

• Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. If you live in SoMD, this is your last chance to work on your Premiere Rating before US Nationals.

Check out the other SoMD Battle Roads!
Lusby
Mechanicsville

Last edited:
Looking at these times of registration you should retitle this thread "Friday Night Pokemon"

Or "FNP" for short.

Ah, Magic acronyms, how you amuse me...

Nick, you trickster, Friday night *sighs*. I won't be attending, I'll be at league, but I'll stick it on my flyer if there's room (I'm trying to fit your other two along with VA's).

Will the store be staying open past closing time (8pm, according to the website) to accomidate the tournament?

*updated*
I added the prizes!

1st place
10 Pokémon TCG boosters
1 Battle Road Promo card
1 Holon Transceiver

2nd place
6 Pokémon TCG boosters
1 Legend Maker deck box
1 Power Keepers notebook

3rd place
4 Pokémon TCG boosters

4th place
2 Pokémon TCG boosters

Last place
1 Pokémon: the 3rd Movie promo card

-Here's a summary of the prize package. There are even more prizes! Here's what the Battle Road Promo card looks like.
-Randomly selected players will receive a Pokémon toy, (possibly one of the Burger King toys from 2000 or the giant Pikachu), a reversible PokeBall Mew, Pokemon: the Power of One VHS, Mewtwo Returns VHS, Diamond & Pearl Lucario card sleeves, Latios & Latias card, Hasbro Meowth, or a Power Keepers Notebook.
-I will give a random promo card (and possibly a Diamond & Pearl prerelease staff promo card) and a POP 3 booster to anyone that tells me, during registration, they saw this ad on PokéGym.net (I will ask you what my username is, just to make sure!). Supplies are limited.
-This is a Premiere Event so you will be playing for a Premiere Rating. Those with the best Premiere Ratings get a paid invite to the World Championship

Any idea what time the tournament will end?
10pm

Last edited:
Nick: I dont believe you can add in "cash" as a prize to a sanctioned OP event. Also, the staff DP prerelease card (unless you are giving away your own) should not be used as a "prize" either. I'd hate to see Tara or you get in trouble with OP and have the event invalidated. You may want to check w/ PUI before you use all those "prizes", mainly being the cash.

Keith

Yep, POP made it clear in the PTO forums that they did not want to see staff cards being used as player prizes or givaways.

I don't know what the rules on cash are, one way or the other.

The cash prize is not acceptable for an official POP event. It must be removed.

POP wants the staff promos we send to events used to reward staff at that event. Until they are used for their intended purpose, they are still the property of POP. Once they are awarded, the owner is free to do whatever they want with them. I assume ninetales earned the card for helping at a DP Prerelease, he can give it away as a prize or sell it or anything else he pleases.

However, prizing differently for the different age groups at a Premier Event is also not acceptible. You will need to find 3 of each item that you want to give away and give one to each age group.

Last edited:
People have already been asking players to trade their Transceiver if they win one.

This is SoMD's final premiere event of the DX-DP format!:smile: This is gonna be good!
how many people are projected to be there
We (Aardvark Gym staff) have never run a Pokemon event at this venue before.
Depending on how things turn out, I may run some more events there in the future.

EDIT: I do know some of the higher rated players, like Jacob L and Jon Anderson will be there.

ok, that will make things interesting. btw how is it the final dp even at md if there is another tournament on sundayj at lusby

Junior- 4
1st- Tad M (RaiEggs)
2nd- Antonio M (DP Preconstructed Empoleon deck)
3rd- Samuel R (DP Preconstructed Empoleon deck)
4th- Mia M (DP Preconstructed Empoleon deck)

Senior- 13
1st- Melody A (Fire Monkey)
2nd- LJ W (FlyGod)
3rd- Tanner N (ArcDoom)
4th- Tatiana M (Fire Monkey)
---
5th- Jac L (Flariados)
6th- Kyle T (Empoleon/Crawdaut)
7th- Chris N (Fire Monkey)
8th- Trevor L (Arcanine ex/ Typhlosion)
9th- Justin M (FeralQueen w/Deoxys)
10th- Helen M (MewTric)
11th- Selene L (Meganium/Feraligatr)
12th- Brandon G (DP Preconstructed Infernape deck)
13th- Ariel L (Dragonite ex/Swampert)

Master- 11
1st- Ryan W (Rhyperior)
2nd- Pablo G (Rhyperior)~yes this was an interesting T2 match!
---
3rd- Michael P (Fire Monkey)
4th- Pedro G (Arcanine/Eveelutions)
5th- Randy M (FlyCatty)
6th- Jonathan A (Fire Monkey)
7th- Jorge M (Torterra/Vespiquen)
8th- Karen M (Absol ex/Bannete ex)
9th- Terry M (Wobbuffet/Gengar [LM])
10th- Kurt K (Torterra/Vespiquen)
11th- Keely L (DP Preconstructed Empoleon deck)

Props
-No drops
-Ryan W winning matches without drawing prizes
-People driving all the way from Baltimore and North Carolina.
-Diverse metagame
-Billy
-The largest tournament that I was the TO of this tournament year
-No FTKs

Slops
-Subway and Burger King Billy, LJ, and I went to on the way home being closed.
-Starting late (I know what went wrong- I held the tournament start time for someone by 5 minutes, and during that five minutes a bunch of other people came in, and we started more than five minutes late. :( The decklists are time-consuming. From now on, perhaps I should write decklists for Preconstructed decks to speed things up, if someone buys a Precon deck.).

Last edited:
I wish we could've been there! Patrick would've won second of first with all those people using preconstructed decks. My brother and I had to dogsit for someone, plus driving on the beltway during rush hour is never good. Was Jonathan A. really not in top cut!!!

Back