Aces

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Charlie1322, Nov 7, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie1322

Charlie1322 New Member

This is my decklist:

4 Absol [SW]
    4-4 Ambipom [MT]
    4-4 Gyarados [MT]

4 DRE
    1 Scramble Energy
    1 Booste Energy
    4 Darkness Energy
    6 Water Energy

4 Team Galactics Mars
    3 Team Galactics Wager
    2 Scott
    4 Celios Network
    1 Holon Mentor
    2 Plus Power
    2 Windstorm
    2 Switch
    4 Battle Frontier

So. This deck is builded as a discard deck. You discard zour opponents hand and than kill him...:D

Please send me here some replies.

THX Charlie1322

2. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

It appears as though you're not from the US?

Here are a few pointers:

1. You need a strategy. Yes, it's a discard deck, but give the audience some kind of clue as to why youre running those other cards.
    2. Use regular font. No need for a big font.
    3. Post the number of pokemon/energy/trainers youre using.

As for the deck, I like the name. Aces, implying absol and ambipom. I don't like the gyarados so much, honestly. Maybe as a 1/1 or 2/2 tech at most. The list is semi-decent, but I think you can drop some gyarados, drop some BFs, maybe play a few cessation yourself, drop the DRE, maybe add a few more boost and scramble which work better with a tech gyarados line. You could also use some non-supporter setup here. Perhaps some quickballs or masterballs. Maybe a few more mentor or roseannes.

3. megatron007

megatron007 New Member

i played a similar deck with 4 gyarados, 3 ambipon and 4 mawile pk. The deck is slow because gyarados attack with 4 energys. cessation crystal disables the pokebody and gyarados becomes more slow pkmn.
    The disruption of gyarados depends of the coin, if the first coin is tails, gyarados is confuses and become a usesless pkmn. to prevent this, uses a line of xatu o a double full heal to fix this problem. respect the cessation, remove 1 battle frontier and add 1 more windstorm.

other problem with gyarados (if the opponent doesn't use cessation crystal) is the negative of the opponent to attack gyarados. his first attack (magikarp's attack) doesn't work without a damage counter. pokemons likes manetrick or exeggcutor uses the time that you use to charge the gyarados in boost his energys attacks. I experimented this one time, my opponent negates to attack gyarados in 2 turns, charge with energys, evolves his electrike into manetrick and play lake boundry then he do the 120 damage to kill my gyarados and i loose for that in turn 3. In exchange, this pokebody is great agaisnt blissey decks(without energy's charges pkmn) because blissey is more strong as more attacks she does. Also works well with decks thas does <= 70 damage.

The second attack of magikarp is for very lucky players, but this attacks may knock out a pokemon.

respect to ambipon, he is a great pkmn, a excellent card except for his 80 HP. T2 decks easyly knock out ambipon. You may put a drakes stadiums for protect he, a line of 2 drakes and 2 battle frontiers for example.

absol is a grat starter, disrupts the opponent hand since the beginning of the game. Put a line of 3 absol and the space of the four put other trainer.

Your deck is good, but do carefully with the points that i mencioned before, and beware with begins the game with magikarp, this is really bad.

Good luck with your deck.

PD: If your deck doesn't work well try using a 3walrein- 2ambipon-3absol-2gyarados line of pkmn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.