Adv5 News

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GOROY, Dec 19, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOROY

GOROY New Member

The next set of pokemon cards comes out in Jan. and has new pokemon that haven't been cards yet. Exploud has 4 attacks!

Thanks to Serebii.net for all of this information.

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Must be some really simple attacks to fit four on it.

3. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

nice, just wish there was a psychic/steel metagross instead of psychic/dark. Oh well. Looks good to me

Treeeecko

4. TheRealWobbuffet

TheRealWobbuffet New Member

Actually, I believe SPP is mistaken. That definitely looks like Psychic/Steel to me. And it looks cool too.

Question: What is the name of that Castform card. I recognize the Fire kanji, but not the second one. So, I see Fire __ of Castform (Castform of Fire ___). Is it type maybe?

5. DARKGeNGaR094

DARKGeNGaR094 New Member

Magma's Castform?

6. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Looks to be psychic/steel to me. 4 attacks and not even an EX?

7. TheRealWobbuffet

TheRealWobbuffet New Member

No, it is not Magma's Castform. It's a normal card.

8. lunatone_solrock

lunatone_solrock New Member

I wonder how many types of Castform there are...
    I can't beleive that Exploud has four attacks!

9. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

You know what, I bet in the next english set, we get ADV 5 cards and leave ADV 4 magma and aqua cards for another set or maybe not to be released at all.

10. Ditto

Ditto Member

eh, i've heard that the next set will be the aqua and magma set, though anymore details than that i don't know.

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I believe the Metagross is Psy/Steel or just Psy. It only says Psy in top corner, but is weak to R, and requires PSC to attack.... It looks more Purple and SIlver/greyish too... just in my opinion....

Cant wait to see translation to Exploud. 120HP + 4 attacks... maybe combo with Nurse (pending on first couple of attacks). It looks like, C for effect, CC for effect, CCC 30+effect, CCCC straight 60... 120HP, and only 2 retreat... sweet....

12. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

What I'd like to know is how all this dual-type stuff going to work. If my active pokemon for example is Steel-weak and you attack me with a Psy/Steel pokemon, is it going to be weak if it has any Steel-type or is the Psychic-type, the "primary" type I guess we could call it going to count(in other works is the attack considered Steel-psychic or just Psychic)? Or how about resistance in that same situation? Should be interesting to see how all that will work!!!

13. marril2k

marril2k Member

From doing a rough translation of of the extra rule box as seen on the Duel Types of ADV 4 (you can see this up on Zeo's ADV 4 Section), looking at Magma's Claydol a some-what direct translation says This Pokemon's, [P][D], two type, Pokemon. Which when rearranging I could see PUI templating... This Pokemon counts as [P] and [D]. or something like that.

My way of interprating this would be since the Pokemon is both types (in this case, Psychic and Darkness), a Pokemon that is weak to either types, would take double the damage... but what if by chance a two type pokemon is opposing a Pokemon weak to both those types? 4 times the damage? ;)

Thats what I just think... I don't natively speak Japanese, thats just putting my somewhat-okay ability to read and translate to work ^^'

-marril

14. vincent0906

vincent0906 New Member

Haha... Let me tell you more information about this set.....

This set is ADV4 but not ADV5, The main theme of the set is "Ancient Pokemon'
    There are 83 cards in this set, including Kyogre EX, Groudon EX, Regice EX, Regirock EX.

There are at least 3 Castform in this set, three of them are named SUNNY castform, RAINY Castform and SNOWY castform.

The DECK theme is Metagross, a Registeel will be included in this DECK.

Here are the spoiler of some of those cards in this set.

KYOGRE EX (100HP)
    POKE-BODY:
    IF THIS POKEMON IS IN ACTIVE, ALL GROUDON EX AND RAYQUAZA EX IN PLAY CANT ATTACK.
    [C][C]:
    WATER ARROW, CHOOSE ONE OPPONENT PKMN AND DOES 20 DAMAGE.
    [W][W][C]:
    YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHOW YOUR HAND TO YOUR OPPONENT, IF YOU DO, COUNT THE NUMBER OF ENERGY CARDS, AND THIS ATTACK DOES 50 PLUS 10 TIMES THE NUMBER OF ENERGY CARDS IN YOUR HAND. THEN, SHUFFLE ALL ENERGY CARDS FROM YOUR HAND INTO YOUR DECK.

DENSERT RUIN [STADIUM]
    DURING BETWEEN TURN, PUT ONE DAMAGE COUNTER ONTO ALL EX-POKEMON IN PLAY THAT HAVE 100HP OR MORE.

ENJOY!

15. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

Dubious cards indeed, but "sunny, rainy, and snowy" casteforms. Those arent types in the tcg or gb game. Fire and water casteform might make sense, but wouldnt snowy be the same as water, because ice is represented by the water type in the tcg?

16. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

In the Gameboy there is Normal (any other conditions), Fire (Sunny Day), Water (Rain Dance), and Ice (Hail). I dunno what they'll do in the TCG.

17. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Another set by January? Ok, now i will be the first to admit Nintendo has done a marvelous job with this game, but i if i had ONE complaint, that would the sets are coming out too fast. We need time and some kind of MAJOR constructed tourney to find out the real contenders in this format. I don't like this idea and i am a firm believer you make a set about every 4 months and RUSA, SS, and Dragon all came out very close to each other i think. Anyway it is all just IMO but they are pumping them out quickly.

18. Charizard_Breeder

Charizard_Breeder New Member

ADV 5 is actually ADV 4

Howdy ALL,

Just a quick note...I was informed through a contact in Japan (whom I buy the latest sets from - ahh thank you)...that the set due to come out in Jan '04, is actually known as ADV #4 the Aqua / Magma set was just the " Aqua / Magma " SET...no ADV #...so there ya go!!!

Happy Holidays to all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!

Charizard_Breeder :cool:

19. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

20. Zach

Zach New Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.