Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Advanced SceppyGrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster92

I have played with SceppyGrowth a little, and found out it works perfect! =D
But I'm still tinking of Magmortar and how I can defeat it..
The answer is Dugtrio from Crystal Guardians, that has a Body making the opponent can't attack your bench
But its hard to make a list :/

23 Pokémon:
4-4 Tangrowth (GE)
2-1-2 Sceptile (GE)

2-1 Dugtrio (CG)
2-2 Exeggutor (MT)

4 Stantler (SW)

19 Trainers:
4 Bebe’s Search
4 Roseanne’s Research
3 Professor Oak’s Visit
2 Team Galactic’s Wager
3 Rare Candy
3 Crystal Beach

18 Energy:
18 Grass Energy

The strategy is still the same:
Use Exeggutor to get more power faster
Use Dugtrio to protect Sceptile from snipers
Use Sceptile to double Tangrowth's power
Use Tangrowth as main attacker

Last edited:
Exchange 3 Stantlers for 3 Pachirisus and add in a 1-0-1 line of Blastoise (d) instead of Dugtio and an extra Rare candy.

-3 Stantler
+3 Pachirisu
-2 Diglett
-1 Dugtrio
+1-0-1 Blastoise (d)
+1 Rare Candy

Keep Dugtrio, Sceptile's only got 100 HP (and is thus a very easy Magmortar LV.X snipe, which is the real reason why FireTRUK crushes you).

I would agree with trading Stantlers for Pachirisus.

You're missing Crystal Beach, another trick which'll save you. Two copies at least are needed, if not three. Pluspower is less vital to your strategy then a Crystal Beach, 'cause Crystal Beach protects you from most decks in the format.

In place of Exeggutor, it might be intersting to try out Celebi (MT). If you do, make sure to include Sceptile (P5) to move energies around. That Sceptile's a reprint of Sceptile from Ruby/Sapphire, if you can't find a copy of it.

So, give this a shot:

-4 Stantler
+3 Pachirisu
-4 ExeggutorLine
+4 Celebi
-2 Pluspower
+3 Crystal Beach
-1 Tangela
-1 Tangrowth
+1 Treecko
+1 Sceptile (P5)

Obviously toy with what you like and don't like from there. It might also be interesting to try out Claydol, but the trainer engine would need reworking to toy with that idea.

if you are getting double value from your grass energy 18 of them seems excessive. i'd run closer to 14 and add 4 of something else you really need.

Thanks for all the help I'm getting!! =D
But why use Celebi, I think Exeggutor is better (if you ment Celebi MT)

I'm using very much Energy because its very important
The number of Energy decides the power of Tangrowths attack

one more thing. everyone is rightly concerned about the threat magmortar x poses to a benched sceptile and i dont disagree with the dugtrio approach, but i have an alternate suggestion.

unown e adds 10 hp when attached as a tool, which would be all sceptile needs to survive. yes it can be windstormed before the snipe otoh it requires very little setup and puts the burden of having exactly the right cards for the perfect situation back on the opponent.

just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back