Aerodactyl Viable Tech in GG?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by MrMeches, Jul 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Just wondering and messing around on Shark, I teched in a 1-1 Aero Line for Mirror mianly. THe interesting thing wiht this is when PLayer A has the Lock and PLayer B is gettign caught up, the Aero seemed to deter a bit form using Powers. This caused me to wonder if it would be a viable Bench sitter in MIrror matches?

Another Nice thing is that Old Amber can't get hit by Empo and can be discarded if actually started with and didn't need!

Grnated their are better techs, but if your locked, you could at least get some additional support and make your opponent think about the Telepass and Cosmic Power!

SOTG, Always!

Fish

2. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

Well yeah but what about dusknoir? 1 dusknoir 1 claydol 1 aero and 1 attacker not very good lol. on the bench when dusknoir locked.

3. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

I tech in 2 Cessation Crystal instead in my Plox.

Timed right, and placed at the right time, you can get around locking out your own Powers if you space the timing placing the Cessation just right, and on the right Pokemon. I tested both, and found Cessation Crystal more effective.

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I wonder how your actually going to grab the fossil out of your deck if you aren't using Furret. 1 of a card, that isn't searchable by any trainer in the deck, and can't be recycled into the deck by any means.

5. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Aerodactly is nasty but it is also a risky move. Because Dusknoir could then shuffle all of your bench. And if you don't play furret it'll be quiet difficult to get the fossil.

6. Everwind

Everwind New Member

Does aeros's power work only on poke powers or does that include poke bodies as well?

The other issue is if someone drops an Omastar and invokes primal swirl bouncing Aero back into your opponents hand does it take the 2 damage counters? Just curious....

In answer to the original op's question it is a good tech, but you really need 2 on your bench to stop/slow things down. Most folks can handle at least one usage or two.....

7. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

^ Just on Powers.

8. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Aerodactyl's ability activates after the Poke-Power has completed. Well, in this case, Aerodactyl is not on the field by the time the Poke-Power has completed, so Omastar would not take the 20 damage.