Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by SaNdy-MaN, Sep 28, 2003.
My EX is gone forever......
Your EX sets got stolen???
Alright Solo, that ain't cool...
Yeah, totally. It's not fun to get your cards stolen or lost. The way I prevent myself from losing any of my cards is to keep a real close eye on your things. I always keep my things in my bag unless I'm about to use something, and I always keep my bag with me. If someone asks to see my binder, I always make sure that they do it at least at the same table I'm at, that way I know where it is.
If you do that, there's a very small chance anything will get stolen from you. I sure hope you can get your cards back or replaced at little cost.
I'm sorry to hear this...but, as this is not really TCG News, I'm going to move it to the RTC. Thanks for understanding...and Solo, if you don't have anything constructive to say, please do not post at all.
when the game was starting i got my gyrados stolen; even tho its not much of a loss i sorta know how yeh feel... speaking of losers solo...
I think most of us know what it's like to get our cards stolen. At my old league, I had just traded for the holo Flareon I needed to complete Jungle right before playing a game. I had the Flareon right next to me since I was going to put it up when the game was over. But when I finished, it was gone.
Also, when the Promo Scizors came out, I got to the League late. The people working at that BAM didn't wait for me and had the promos out before I got there. Only like 3 were given out before ALL of the rest were stolen.
Ah gee... ALL of your EX cards? Sorry about that, man, but hopefully next time they won't get stolen. Make sure you keep a close eye on your stuff, Rockets are everywhere and all they want is your good stuff.
The leagues I went to stopped allowing backpacks because of people who steal stuff and cart it off inside their packs, so see if you can get that same backpack ban enacted at your local league. You can still take your stuff in a large purse/haversack or totebag.
One time I had my entire Nidonido deck stolen, as well as a large stack of rares that I had taken with me to trade off, and the latter took place on the last day I was planning on visiting that city's league. I NEVER got those cards back, mostly because the manager at the BAM didn't care much, since he was planning on ditching the league anyway. I did earn other cards to replace them, though. I hope you can find replacements for your cards too.
That is terrible. The only things I can suggest kind of go together:
1) Don't bring your cards to places you aren't familiar with or where there are a lot of people you don't trust.
2) Make sure you have several people you do trust near you, so you can "keep an eye on each other's stuff".
3) Get something you can keep securely closed if not locked: I found what amounts to a small tool/tackle box that a friend found at Wal-Mart. It was only about $15, has a simple lock, came with two keys (so I have a spare at home), and can hold 3 800 card boxes. As an added bonus, the dividers, which were foam-lined card board, are adjustable, to the point they are completely removable. As such, I can also put them back in and carry things miniatures for certain games, or make a small area set aside for pencils, a calculator, and a note book while the main section has my Role-Playing books. Quite nice really.
4) Focus on the task at hand: if you are trading, finish each trade before beginning the next one, and put up the cards between times. Binders or "trade boxes" are a good way to do this. Just don't let them get spreda out. Also, don't interrupt someones game (including your own) just for a trade. If you have to catch that person, ask them to speak with them after they (or you) finish playing. Lists are also useful for people completing collections.
5) Don't spread out! Be neat and organized. When youa re playing, have the deck, dice, and counters you need out. When trading, only take out the cards you are trading away-the instant someone finishes with the box, binder, etc. put it up. Better to lose time than cards.
The first option isn't always feasible in the sense that if you want to compete in a large scale tournament, you will almost certainly have to go someplace you are unfamiliar with and/or where there are many people you don't know: that is when the other options become very important.
I must confess to wondering how good an idea that is: not all back packs are "complicated", nor are all purses simple and small. As such, while you will deter a few "casual" thiefs, chances are most honest players who bring backpacks will be the ones really affected: I doubt all thieves used backpacks, particularly if you were able to get them banned. That means that they were a known "tool" of theft, and as such, a smart thief would have a adapted. Cards are pretty small, afterall. In some areas, leagues are after school, and people have to either bring their backpack or else lose time stopping home first (maybe not even being able to attend). Also, many honest people bring their own cards in their back packs, myself included-I play multiple games and we have a "hybrid" league that has more than one game that night. So while I can fit all of my cards for one game or the other in my case, if I decide to play both I need to bring my school bag. Bags are nice becuase they usually have one or two "large" sections then a few small ones. This is quite nice for putting your main box, binder of cards in one area, then putting extra rres or decks in the small areas. Having your own back pack can be a good theft detterent, if you are "tidy" and make sure you pick everything up and pack it right when you move from area to area.
League Leader Terry: What is with that card? I just finished my non-1st ed. Jungle set a month ago, trying to get that Holo-Flareon!
Dude, you got to keep an eye on your stuff.
"Solo" i dont get it.
Separate names with a comma.