AIM Tournament: Saturday, 9/27

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Captain Obviousx1, Sep 26, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Hey, I'm putting together an AIM tournament open to everyone. It's gonna be Unlimited Swiss. It starts at 7 p.m. EST on 9/27. We currently only have 4 people...so post here or AIM me at CaptainObviousx1 if you want in for tomorrow. If you need any other info, just ask...

2. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

AIM tournament? As in a tournament done over AOL Instant Messenger?

3. Captain Obviousx1

Yea, that's the idea. I figured it would be great since people from all over the world would be able to play. :D

Also, I forgot to mention that you will need the Chat feature to play. In the chat you can roll dice in place of flipping a coin, and your opponent is able to see what you rolled.

4. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

Why not just use apprentice...

5. Raikou

Raikou New Member

ummmm ur playing the games over aim....or setting up the tournament over aim

and playing the games in apprentice....

without apprentice it'd be too easy to cheat and say u got stuff when u really dont =\

ohh you're playing squirtle eh....well i got a rocket zapdos up and im about to plasma you for the ftko ;/

6. Captain Obviousx1

Well if you're cheating, then you're lame...doesn't cheating take the fun out of it? Also, I'm not about to DL all of these Apprentice patches and stuff just for some Pokemon. It's sad that the first thing that comes to mind is cheating...

7. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

Uh... lets see...your not about to dl apprentice just for some pokemon...

So you don't spent 5 minutes dl apprentice and install the patch, but you'll spend 2 hours playing a game on aim that would take 15 on apprentice, good call there

And cheating, you have to recognize cheating as a possiblity, if you want a tournament to be a success you can't be naive and just tell everyone to "play nice" cause cheating is not below some people.

8. Captain Obviousx1

Well, you're a slow AIM player if it takes you 2 hours. If you're not interested, or if you have a problem with it, be quiet and don't participate then. I'm not changing anything just because you want me to. Besides, I'm aware that cheating is a major possibiltity, but I can live with that. Besides, my comp is bad as it is, and another program isn't going to help anything, seeing as my comp is prone to freezing...

9. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

:Takes a look in to check on things...:

10. Raikou

Raikou New Member

oh and please post how many people you had, how fast it went, etc etc... I'm just curious

11. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

I'll give it a go. My aim is Skywolf9683

Take Care,

Skywolf1

12. Captain Obviousx1

Well, some people left early, kind of killing it before it finished. We had two rounds and 6 people, and it worked well until people just had to leave...but it was fun while it lasted. Everyone was good competition. It was about an hour or so, but we started late. As long as you pay attention, it doesn't take much longer than a regular match. Next time, I'm gonna make a thread way in advance, so people can plan for it. I've learned from my mistake of rushing a tournament. ^_^