All Wizards Retail Stores to close by Feb. 2004

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by JohnnyBlaze, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

I found this article reading my local newspaper- The TImes Union of Albany, NY it was in the Business section on Tuesday December30th:

So this formally kills the Pokemon game in my area. This was the only store that still had league and sold product. All of the other gaming stores gave up in Pokemon about 2 years ago. Try finding product around here. I wish I could start up my own league but with work and family commitments I just cant.

The thing I cant understand that in the article is that "It (WOTC) will close the stores in an effort to concentrate on itscore business of manufacturing role-playing games and trading-card games." Tehy can concentrate and manufacture all they want. But if there are no outlets to play people will not play. Its such a sad day for me when I found this out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2004
  2. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Hey Johnny,we already have a thread discussing this issue Here.Please feel free to copy this and post it over there.Thanx for your understanding.

`Sensei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.