Alone again (naturally) (college roomates)

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by yoshi1001, Jan 31, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

And no, this isn't a spin off of the music game thread. As some of you may know, I've had a history of, well, interesting roomates. First there was Yi from China. Don't get me started. Then there was Jo-Jo from Taiwan. He was very interesting an introduced me to some great TV shows (as well as FLCL :rolleyes: ). However, he had to move out because I snore. I don't dispute it at all-sometimes I can hear myself. He obviously was having trouble sleeping because of me, which I completely understand.

This semester, I was assigned Emad, an English student who moved to Prairie Du Chein (a Wisconsin town on the Mississippi) two months ago from Iraq (seriously). Yesterday, he moved out to a room with another English student.

Anyone else got some interesting roomate stories?

2. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Do cats count?

3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Funny you should ask me that... ;)

Sure, what the hey.

4. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Well I woke up on morning with all my cats on me, that was fun ¬_¬

5. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

well yoshi.......... i had a roommate last year that was a gigantic clownshoe...............

even worse, he was from arkansas.......... and i'm from missouri......... (shudders at thought)

all he did was listen to rock-a-pella and creed all day.............. and he hated sports........... as i love sports

he had a mediocre system, but it overpowered my little pc speakers, so if he didn't like my music, he'd pump his up

until i warned him that if he continued to do so.......... i'd be forced to bring my stereo speakers............. well he didn't believe me....... so i brought them down to my dorm............ and there were people down the hall that said that their furniture was shaking.................

needless to say....... i won, and shortly afterwards................. he moved out

this year, my new roommate is cool.......... he plays yugioh and magic, and he knows how to play pokemon............

also, he loves COUNTERSTRIKE..................... as do i............... it is the best pc game ever.........!!!!!!!!!!!

as a matter of fact........ it's 3 in the morning and we're still up, and i might just challenge him to a game of something............. excellent

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Ufortunatley the only room mate I have ever had is my wife... and she hogs the covers... lol

Well, I actually had roomates in my breif Army stint. Crazy stuff goes on in basic while you have no TV/Radio/PC to pass the time... though you still have no life... how boring

7. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

well spec, at times my girlfriend counts as a roommate......... and likewise, i get no covers..............

oh well............. sure i'll live

8. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Yoshi: I thought Mewtwo was your roommate... or did he move out also? :p

9. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Freshman year:

Roommate #1: Moved off to some frat a week after moving in.

Roommate #2: Moved in the last day of September. He was from Turkey, I believe. Listened to music on his headphones, but I heard it louder than music from my speakers. He moved out the last day of October.

Roommate #3: I forget where he was from. I recall Singapore, but I don't know for certain. Somewhere over there. Incidentally, I never met the guy. He was in and out while I was away on Christmas break. Wouldn't have known about it.

Sophomore year:

Roommate #4: Planned to move to a frat, but procrastinated a while. Stayed for a little under a month.

Roommate #5: Moved in less than a week after roommate #4 moved out. So far, he's the record holder, as far as duration. Second semester started, and he was the TA in charge of one of my lab classes. I dropped it since I was really confused (It was Comp. Eng, which Comp. Sci's like me aren't required to take the lab of, and I hate hardware stuff. Didn't realize how much until then, though.). That was the week before last, I believe. He moved out just a couple days after I dropped, to the room accross the hall (he said he needed more room. Can't argue with that.). I'm glad he's gone. Nothing against him as a person, mind you. His computer was just really loud.