Am I the only one driving 300 miles for Cities?!?!?

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by yelanates, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yelanates

yelanates New Member

I am driving from Grand Junction, Colorado to Colorado Springs Colorado. Check Google Maps.

All the Cities in my state are at least 250 miles away. I picked this one because it was a little later and maybe I could use my holiday money to stay overnight and not have to driver there at four in the morning.

Does anyone else have to drive an insane distance to CITIES?

2. Jason

Jason New Member

i had to fly 1000km to another city and another 1600km to another...not fun.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  3. yelanates

yelanates New Member

Wow...where do you live?

4. Jason

Jason New Member

i live in the down under...which is australia and theres only 6 cities nationwide

5. yelanates

yelanates New Member

Yeah, that's icky.

It feel weird, though, to be in the States, and still have to drive so far. They're called CITY Champs, so shouldn't there be a lot more? Anywho, thanks for making me feel better.

6. Jason

Jason New Member

not a problem... Australia is probably the most distant between City champs. Some countries only have ONE city champs such as Malaysia and New Zealand... Not good.

7. yelanates

yelanates New Member

Yeah, but NZ is relatively small, at least.

So in Australia, let me guess where they are. Sidney, Darwin, Perth, Melbourne...Canberra and Brisbane?

Testing my Geography memory. :p

8. Jason

Jason New Member

Nope :p

Brisbane
    Sydney
    Melbourne
    Cessnock (a town NW of Sydney)
    Hobart
    Kingston (a town S of Hobart)
    Adeliade

i mean 7 not 6.

9. yelanates

yelanates New Member

I got some. :p It's funny to compare city names in other countries to here. Here names are weird, like Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, Steamboat Springs, Glenwood Springs, Craig, Greeley, etc. :p

10. Jason

Jason New Member

if you like to know the actual suburb where cities held in these cities...well

Nundah, Brisbane
    Burwood, Sydney
    Windsor, Melbourne
    Smithfield, Adeliade

:)

11. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

How the heck can you effort that???

And why do you have so few CCs? We'll have like 10 I think.. :x

12. Jason

Jason New Member

Ardo, cause we do not have an active OP :/

13. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

..But how can your effort to pay for flights, just to go CCs???

14. Jason

Jason New Member

cause i want rankings, :p

15. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Heck, I'm flying over 1200 miles for the CHANCE to go to one (Chicago -> San Antonio, TX).

16. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Wow, in the south-eastern-ish part of Texas, there are about nine City Championships.

17. yelanates

yelanates New Member

Yeah, it's really weird. I want to know how they pick where the Cities go. Because where I live is the third biggest metro area in our state and we don't have one...But suburbs of Denver do and a few smaller areas do.

If I can host one next year I will, just so we can have one here for other people to come to.

18. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Woah... In Pennsylvania I probably have over 6 CC within two hours of my house! I feel bad for you guys!

19. yelanates

yelanates New Member

It's not so bad distance wise (it's about 3-4 hours), but personally I don't want to drive four hours through the icy mountains at four o clock in the morning.

20. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

I don't understand why people waste that much money on cities, especially considering it's been cut to a top 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.