Ambipom vs. Holon WP

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by chriscobi634, Oct 3, 2007.

1. chriscobi634

chriscobi634 New Member

I have a few question regarding Ambipom.
    Ambipom's text:
    Charity Tail - Before Ambipom does damage, your opponent may discard 2 cards from his or her hand. If he or she does, this attack's base damage is 10 instead of 80.

1: What would happen if I was attacking an Opponent who's pokemon had Holon WP + a basic water attached to it? Does it do the 80 since the effect if prevented or does my opponent get to choose to "discard" 2 and only take 10 but without actually having to discard since Holon WP would prevent that effect?

2: Tail Influence:
    Your opponent flips a coin until he or she gets heads. For each tails, remove an Energy card attached to the Defending pokemon and put it on the bottom of your opponent's deck. DAMAGE 30

The damage comes first, right? If so and I KO my opponents pokemon the effect doesn't even take place or does it?

2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

1. I might not understand the question. Holon Energy WP has no effect on how Charity Tail works.

2. First, you do the 30 damage. Then, you apply the other effects. Finally, after everything is resolved, you check for KO.