Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ambipom Weavile Disruption Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambipom's ability to do 80 for 2 energy is amazing, and even if the opponent choses to discard 2 cards it's still good. I decided to try to make a deck that takes advantage of both of these effects so here it is:

Pokemon (18):
4 Aipom (MT)
4 Ambipom (MT)
3 Sneasel (DP)
3 Weavile (SW)
2 Absol (SW)
2 Mawile (PK)

Trainers (28):
4 Team Galactic’s Mars
4 Team Galactic’s Wager
3 Great Ball
3 Celio’s Network
2 Roseanne’s Research
2 Steven’s Advice
2 Castaway
2 Drake’s Stadium
1 Plus Power
1 Buffer Piece
1 Night Maintenance
1 Mysterious Shard
1 Cessation Crystal
1 Crystal Beach

Energies (14):
4 Heal Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
6 Basic Dark Energy

The strategy is pretty simple: destroy the opponent's hand with Ambipom, Weavile, Sableye, Mawile, TGW and TGM. After their hand is gone you can do 80 a turn and wipe out their pokemon. Two things I see that this deck could use some help on: Ambipom is weak to fighting and there are 6 trainers that I have only 1 of. Any advice given is appreciated.

Last edited:
well, no heal energy, max 2 scrambles instead, the rest will be basic drkness, i also use charizard *, because , as well as having low hp, it has consistantly low damage output,

after that the only problem low hp, this is by far the worst problem, because it makes matchups against infernape, bannette, lucario, and blissey almost unwinnable, i'm not much of a ratio guy but based off of much esperience with the deck i'd have to say that any of those decks would be around 30/70 in there favor ( excluding the luck of discarding the right cards)

anyway, for this i have put in a 2-2 blissey line, the NM count should be minimum of 2 , since blissey and char* dump mad energy into your discard, that also explains the need for more darkness, the blissey lines bring the matchups against heavy hitting decks to more around 40/60 with minimum luck

if you want to see how this setup looks you can click the link in my sig that will lead you to the original weavile ambipom thread

good luck at cities, i hope you consider playing this deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back