Amp Ex [E-On]

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

18 Pokemon
    3 Ampharos EX
    2 Flaffy[Dragons]
    3 Magneton[Dragons/Non-Holo]
    4 Magnemite[Dragons/Thundershock]
    4 Mareep[Expedition]
    2 Dunsparence

25 Trainers
    4 Potion
    4 Switch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Oak's Research
    2 Briney's Compassion
    2 Super Scoop Up
    3 Fast Ball
    2 TV Reporter

17 Energy
    17 Lightning Energy

All the cards work great with each other. There is so many combos you can do with these cards.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  2. nikePK

nikePK New Member

umm... what combos? I just see that you'll start pounding on them with Ampy, then follow up with some big damage Magnetoning...

as for the deck: Running 8 basics usually isn't that great ESPECIALLY when you're only running 6 draw cards... you're going to get killed before anything gets going.

You can drop some energy switch for maybe some Dunsparce, i dunno.

gl with it.

3. Prime

Ahhhh I didn't submit the new deck! Ahh my fault.

edit: okay added the right deck. If I play nurse, I can get the energy back with flaffy and magneton. I can nurse a active magneton and energy switch or ampharos ex a energy from the bench to the fully healed magneton. I can play tv reporter and discard one energy and draw 3 cards. I can then discard a card and get 2 energy back from the discard. If you think hard enough, there is so many combos.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  4. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

If that's what ur after, Drop the Candy an Nrg Switch, add another Flaffy, add 1 more TV Reporter and 3 Juggler. Then Make the Amphy's a 2/2 split. Hope I helped!
    -Swampert

5. Prime

Juggler, how about no. lol but juggler is a crummy card. the only reason I have EX ampharos in my deck is to move energy. It is a horrible card other than that. but thanks for the tips.

6. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Juggler is SOOOO crappy that it even sucks in Blaziken, Sceptile and anything even resemble the word Mewtwo in Modified. Im sorry, but Juggler is absolutely amazing, and your deck is sorely lacking draw power. Add 4 Juggler, and maybe 1 more TV if the nrg scares you. Its fine. You NEED that Draw Power. Right now alot of decks run 4 Oracle, 4 Prof Oaks Research, 2 Birch, and Delcatty in a 3-3 line and still want more draw. Your sorely short. Also, add 2 Dunsparce, Strike And Run is absurdly broken. Its mandatory, ala Cleffa.

7. Prime

Okay I added dunsparance. I don't see all the hype on it, but I will give it a try before dissing it. Juggler is really crappy unless played in four decks. I mean any card that must be played in four decks or it's crappy is automaticly crappy in my book.

Draw? People playing 4 oracle, 4 research, 2 birch, and delcatty and still looking for more draw don't know how to play the cards right. I can get enough draw out of my 4 research and 2 reporter that I don't need anymore draw. I am not looking for a brand new hand every single turn, so it suits me fine. If a player is so consumed at drawing, they won't be able to set up any kind of defense or offense.

but anyways, thanks for the tips. **cough**jugglerreeks**cough**

8. P_A

P_A Active Member

You might want to try pokemon fan club as well. If you only have one basic in your opening hand and it's not dunsparce, well, ... good luck to you. Also, this may sound a bit strange, but using pokemon fan club and Dunsparse makes your fast balls and other draw power that much more effective. You'll then be getting your evolutions that much faster. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.