Ampharos Attack <Neon Modified>

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Blitz, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz

Blitz New Member

Hi. I'm new to this board, and I wanted to post my Ampharos deck. I've tested it out, and it seems to be working pretty well.

Pokemon: 16
    4x Mareep (Genesis)
    2x Flaaffy (1 Expedition, 1 Aquapolis)
    4x Ampharos (2 Expedition, 1 Revelation, 1 Aquapolis)
    2x Cleffa
    1x Tyrogue
    1x Pichu
    2x Zapdos (LC)

Trainers: 31
    4x Professor Elm
    3x Copycat
    1x Oak's Resarch
    3x Trader
    2x Fanclub
    3x Breeder
    3x Focus Band
    4x Double Gust
    2x Switch
    1x Scoop Up
    2x Town Volunteers
    3x Pokemon Nurse (I would replace with Pokemon Center, but I can't find any of those Promos.)

Energies: 13
    13x Lightning Energy

The strategy is to get out an Expedition Ampharos as soon as possible, and build it up. Also, you can use Pokemon Nurse with its power to heal your Pokemon. Zapdos is actually good in this deck, because you can get it powered up fast with Amphy's power. Also, you can get out some other Amphies to attack your foe with.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

You can use an original Pokemon Center if you have it -- the Promo reprint just looks cooler (IMO) and allows you to use Center in Modified. Drop the Oak's Research for another Scoop Up, and drop one of your single Ampharos for another of the other one.

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

IMO, keep the Rev one, drop the Aqua one. I'm not going to suggest any Sandstorm cards, at least, not yet. However, there is a card in there that makes PFC completely obsolete. And, yes, drop that POR, but I think that spot might go better for another Center than Scoop Up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.