Ampharos SW - Good?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dante63s, Dec 5, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

I haven't seen much of it, but I would of predicted it being good. It's Poke-Body is great!
    Do you think that nobody played it because of the quantity of Mario, Gallade and Lucario?

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

Nobody plays it because theres really no way to play it.

3. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

^Exactly. Ampharos is good, there just isn't really anything to go with him that works well right now.

4. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

I dunno if Ampharos is good....... Time will tell!

5. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

All I'll say is that dp4,will make this card amazeing.

6. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Refresh my memory...

7. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

If he says it goes well with Kabutops I swear to God....

8. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Kabutops stops trainers NOT supporters.

9. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^Bingo.

10. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

And if it where to stop supporters it would be the most broken card in the format.

Someone was talking about using Ampharos with Empoleon, so you could spread damage. Prinplup and Ampharos would do a nice clean up.

DL

11. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Another reason why porygon is good? It bypasses ampharos.

12. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

You sure love that Porygon :thumb:

13. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

Right now the best you can do with it is a tech..and even that doesn't seem worth it. Especially with minimal convenient searching right now.

14. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Ampharos spread damage counters then Kabutops deals bench damage =/. Not to mention locking their trainers and hurting them for supporters combined with a lack of overly useful stadiums means your opponent is in trouble =/.

15. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I doubt there isn't a way to play Ampharos right now. Ampharos just isn't a card that can be easily combo'd with stuff. It's not something that would shout at you, "Hey, play me with ____ and I can do 1000 damage a turn!"

I think someone will find a good way to play Ampharos and it will become a decent deck. But right now fighting weakness is about the worst weakness you can have. So I guess it's a toss up.

16. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

The main problem with Ampharos is that all of it's good combos are with stage 2s, not weakness. Who bloody cares what your weakness is, when you're on the bench? Really now people...

Kabutops looks good, because the line self searches itself out.
    Flygon is okay, because you at least get the ability to use Holon's Castform (there is a chance of Lone Castform starts, but really, there's a chance of lone everything). Not to mention that Flygon EX d easily patches up one of your biggest threats (Garde/Gallade) once it sets up.
    Shiftry EX isn't that bad of a bench partner, and only suffers from being an EX (which sucks when it gets sniped to death) and not being able to search lines out.
    If Empoleon had something to offer beyond mere damage spreading, it'd be okay. Big Water type who wont get OHKOed (at the stage 2 point) is okay, but it does little assistance beyond that.

So there ARE ways to play Ampharos. Is there a way to play Ampharos that doesn't suffer from having a rather crazy set up? Eh... Not... Really. Again, if we had a way to speed up getting Ampharos/OneOfItsFriends out, people would definitely be playing it. Hence why we all wait and praise Kabutops.

17. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

i like weavile

18. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

I Electivire LvX. Might as well get hit for energys too

19. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Interesting, but fighting Pokémon are in control, for now. I would prefer to have type coverage.

20. zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos New Member

I have been playing Ampharos/Electivire for a bit now, and believe it or not, it regularly gives Lucario/Breloom a run for its money, even when my 7 1/2 year old is playing the electric deck. With a highly skilled player and a better build than our _very_ non-competition builds, I have no doubt that it would be a beast.

Our deck uses Stantler to set up, too.