Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ampharos +!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_B_C

ok. I really like this card. I wanna play it, but what to play it with? The trainer lines really depends on which deck i play.
Deck 1

3-2-3 Ampharos

4-4 Venomoth

deck 2

4-2-4 ampharos

4-4 Electrode (SW)

deck 3

4-2-4 Ampharos

3-2/1 delcatty (PK) delcatty ex(CG)

Help with trainer lines for the decks

Thanks

HMMMMMMM i like the ampharos/electrode variant the best. just work on consistent trainer lines and youll eventually find the best one

yeah im with alex the electrode variant seems better just you need a consistant trainer line and try it in league next time you go

As always, Brian great ideas. I like a unified line so I agree with Sam and Alex about Ampharos/Voltorb. Some thoughts:

1. 4 Rare Candies--Not only for Ampharos, but Voltorb is relatively weak and you're going to want to evolve it into Electrode ASAP.

2. Any thoughts about your Fighting resistance.

3. Would 1 Raikou be a good addition?

4. I know you probably will anyway, but your deck is a little Pokepower/Pokebody dependent especially for Electrodes--I assume 4 Windstorms.

5. If getting energies out of your discard pile would be problematic, why don't you use Professor Oak's visit for drawing power rather than TV reporter.

6. With all that lightening energy floating around, any room for my favorite "old" lightening card, Rayquaza ex?

Hope to see this deck for this coming Saturday.

John

19 Pokemon

4-2-4 amfy

4-4 electrod

1 Raikou(sp?)

3 mars
2 TGW
3 roseanne's reasearch
4 rare candy
4 celio's reasearch
2 windstorm
2 professor oak's visit
2 steven's advice
1 scott
1 warp point
3 plus power

15 energy
12 :lightning
2 DRE
1 scramble

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Don't play any of them. All three of them don't combo with each other. Play it in somthing like speed spread.

go on.......

Last edited:
YAY! thx for taking my suggetion. i think the electrode is probably best because delcatty just takes up too much energy w/ this and venomoth takes 2 grass meaning you have to have exactly the right energy to use it. the electrode both helps you charge up and helps you take prizes. post a basic list quick so this is not locked. maybe something like

Pokemon: 18

4 Mareep
2 Flaafy
4 Ampharos
4 Voltorb
4 Electrode

Trainers: 26
3 Quick Ball
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Night Maintenance/TSD
4 Rare Candy
4 Celio's Network
3 Windstorm
2 Warp Point

Energy: 16
10 Lightning
4 DRE
2 Scramble

Obviously needs some work. YOu oculd include Plusle/Minun SW. You could probably use less trainers. I guess a pokemon of a different energy type would be good because you could put 1 L and 2 something else on him and do up to 170 discarding 1 energy!

EDIT: sorry i started thi sbefore the last two posts. feel free to ignore the list.

i think what blaze means is aim for something more of a spreading deck like playing 3-2-3 amphy in with a "wide"( 4-4-3(4) ) line of a pokemon like the new Vibrava or Prinplup that do 10 dmg to every one for 1 nrg of a given type (Fighting and water respectively)

Good post, but I would ditch the Scott and go with Castaway instead--your deck relies on basic energies and the more cards that can help you get them the better! You might want to run two if you can. And Spinda is good in preleases, does it really add much to this deck (/Rayquaza Ex FTW!)!

John

I play mine with Flygon D and Flygon ex I like it because amphy damages them with his body and his attack and once he gets KOd the Flygon ex is out knocking out and taking names

I like Flygon ideas quite a bit, actually.

Ignoring the obvious synergy the deltas have in common with each other, you've got non-delta option of Vibrava to spread damage, you've got non-delta Flaffy for energy attachments, and you've got the Flygon delta EX for cleaning up after a Ampharos Jamming spread.

The problem? You've got two stage 2 lines to hunt out. But they can be searched for by Fearow. And you've now got pokemon like Corsola, Stantler, and Smeargle whom make EXCELLENT starters for a deck like this.

On the other hand, what synergy do the other listed partners have with Ampharos? Electrode only takes a prize if you're doing him against most stage 1s (but not Blissey or Magmortar), meaning that he's dead weight against big Stage 2s. Though you gain a rainbow energy through use of him, you're losing 2 energy just to deal the 100 damage attack. :/ You also will have to discard the rainbow with use of Ampharos's attack, which makes Electrode not that useful.

Venomoth is an interesting card. Venomoth IS resistant to fighting, which is a big thorn in your side. Of course, so is the Flygon line. Of course, Flygon EX d is super effective against most fighting types AND most psychic types. Of course, Venomoth is not spreading damage, nor is it particularly good at finishing off multiple pokemon, so it's not really assisting Ampharos.

Finally, Delcatty. Out of the three you've listed, this might be the most useful, as it packs draw power and a way to return those lightning energies that Ampharos will wind up discarding. Delcatty's usefulness really comes from swarming the SW. Of course, as Jamming's non-stackable, I don't see much point in swarming with Ampharos SW. I do see a point in swarming with Flygons and two Amphys (one of each type), but not with SW.

Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back