An Empoleon Equalizer??

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by MrMeches, Jun 19, 2008.

1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

With rotation coming up, I decided to go through some of my old EX cards and think about what could have been.. or just what never was, but then a very intersting thing jumped out at me....

Tyranitar EX d

With the beauty of Chomp LV.X and Restore, could htis behemoth become a viable equalizer to Empoleon??

Just some input for TTAR EX d:

150 HP :lightning EX Pokemon
    :lightning:colorless ELECTRO MARK
    Put a Shock-Wave marker on one of your Opponent's Pokemon.

:lightning:colorless:colorless HYPER CLAWS 70+ (This is the main attack I am looking at)
    If the Defending Pokemon is a Stage 2 evolved Pokemon, this attack does 70 damage plus 20 more damage.

:lightning:lightning:colorless SHOCK-WAVE
    Choose i of your Opponent's Pokemon that has a Shock-Wave marker. The Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Now it does have 3 attacks and I understand that most Chomp players would opt for Amphy and Lake Boundary, but with one heads from leveling up and then Restore this beast, you can OHKO it with Hyper Claws. 90+30 is 120 with the possible 10 form LV up, that is 130 and if you do run Amphy, it is a damage counter for the Supporter!

Just a thought to tech in Chomp decks... and counter thatnasty EMP Swram we are learning to hate!!

Prof. Fish

2. Scipio

Scipio New Member

You could do that. Or add some more Lightning NRG and a Strength Charm or two...

3. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Hm... now I need to get my hands on one of those. That could work.

4. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

The beauty of it is that it uses the LCC format for attacking! Also, the Shockwave marker creates an issue with people in that you can stack it anywhere after the completed evo! This allows for a quick KO when needed!!

5. pokmeman

pokmeman New Member

The ugly is the whole 2 Prizes when KO'd thing. And the fact that it is still 10 damage short or will take 2 turns to kill something. A lot of stuff does over 70 per turn, so you'll get in one KO, but they'll get in two if you use Shock-Wave Markers.

6. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Well, Garchomp players already have Flygon Ex d as a top-choice, so 2 prizes isn't an issue.

7. Maxie TMA leader

Maxie TMA leader New Member

IMO Iwould not take the chance of playing yet another EX worth 2 prizes and I would stick to ampy.

8. Tyranitar would die too easily against the popular GRass decks in this format
    mainly the Torterras and Leafeons
    (leafeon only needs 3 other energies spreaded around their pokemon excluding the attack cost)
    its double weaknss take alot of your advantage away
    and eeveelutions are quick to set back up again, so shock-waving them, wont do too much damage

9. Bohn

Bohn New Member

isnt it just better lanturn + scramble/DRE + lake b?

10. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

Ampy is better. Having a use after your finished with it. It also works very well with Garchomp. Spreading damage to weaken the bench for Garchomp for the 1HKO. Actually Dugtrio is probably the best though. (a 1-1 line that is)

11. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

if rean in chomp, provided you get at least one heads wit the dragon pulse, it could work. you only have to worry about grass when you already have ttar out, so you can just use another tech.

12. r e i n

r e i n New Member

the bird flu..

t-tar is but a blemish in comparison.

13. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

The fact that it needs the extra 10 from something else helping it makes it less valuable. Dragon Pulse will only hit the bench, and if you're running Amphy already that's 2 turns of being a sitting duck using Restore, and hoping they use a supporter.

14. Garch

Got my hands on one, and testing is going under way.

15. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

If your really trying to tech against empoleon you got Electrode, Ampharos, Manetric, the new jolteon and raichu. I would play these over ttar d ex. The only thing that sux about the new emp is that its really in 2shot range more then a 1 shot range. So u really just wanna focus on playing around I have to 1 shot it. Unless your playing pps or strength charm thats really the only way to stay in OHKO emo range.
    - Its Geo Baby!

16. Garch

So far, it's better at a sniper while they stall. Still testing...

17. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

It would have serious problems against Bronzong, and the fact is doesn't OHKO Empoleon without a Charm, PlusPower, or Lake Boundary.

I personally don't like it because it is a Ex as well.

Drew

18. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

a t-tar ex d/raichu MT actually won a BR in japan