An Epic 1st place states report! w/ Gyrados

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Epic, Mar 15, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Epic

Epic New Member

As most of you dont know, im a senior from the New England area and dont post frequently. But anyway, I went to the NH states last weekend. Deciding a deck was very hard for me, i had tested every variant of SP you could think of from every tech and every different combo and just wasnt comfortable with it. One of the reasons i had so much trouble was i took a break for about a month(?) before states of not paying attention pokemon related because me and a couple buds decided to try playing Magic The Gathering. So i had NO idea what to play but i narrowed it down to two deck, Dialgachomp or Gyrados, i picked gyarados bc ive played it for so long and know my matchups so welll, it can give even a bad matchup a run for its money.

So i wake up on saturday at around 8, i thought it was 7 because thats when i told my mom and dad to wake me up. So im an hour behind schedule and freaking out, i didnt think we would make it there but turns out we did. when i get there i filll out registration and and start my deck list, some freinds come over and bother me about what im playing. Basically all my freinds including me beleived i would go because i hadnt played pokemon ( except the last couple of days ) for about a month.

Pairings go up, and i sit at my seat....

Round 1 VS Grace w/ Gyrados mirror.

I know Grace very welll, we are good freinds and our lists are very similar but i feel i have an advantage because i know the deck to well. I start with a sableye to her magikarp, i bench a karp and impersonate for a karp, uxie, and mespirit. She she then collectors for regice double karp, plays regice and dumps 2 karps. My next turn i get a gdos out swinging big and power lock her and get the mespirit back in my hand. I power lock her for about 3 turns gettting a huge lead! she finallly gets a gdos up and kills mine, i retrieve and we start prizes. I hit a walll where im not getting any draws or Poketurns! she evens out the primes but i finally ko a belted gdos to bring it down to 2-1 (me) we hit each other back and forth, i hit her she SSU's and then she hits me; i warp energy seeker, at one point if she had one more crobat she would have won. The early prize lead was to much for her and i end up winning. GG grace, probably the best all day! (;

inbetween rounds I loose all hope of me doing good, a Gengarplume is 1-0 and a Duskplume is 1-0

Round 3 VS Gabe w/ Charizard

He starts tomb to my sableye, i impersonate; get my stuff and proceed to KO him next turn for the win. Sorry it had to go that way gabe! :/

Im pumped! the Gengarplume played vs the Duskplume, and now only Duskplume! :)

Round 3 VS Warren w/ IDK???\

I start sableye, impersonate for mespirit, uxie and a crobat G. After that i power lock him and sweep with a sableye and basic dark energy. GG warren

omg 3-0, im pumped i thought that there was a chance illl win! :)

Round 4 VS Joe w/ Luxchomp

He starts with Luxray to my sableye, i impersonate for a collecter for karp, karp, regice. He drops crobat G cyrus's for Egain collector and L energy, attaches Egain and energy doesn 30 to me. I regimove do some crazy stuff and seeker donk him. GG joe!

im garanteed top cut! :)

Round 5 VS Kiko w/ Luxchomp

i get a garbage start....he gets way ahead, i come back and bring it to 1-1 prizes...oh btw he sprayed my azelf 3 TIMES! :D nicely played Kiko

TOP 4 vs Daniel w/ Dialgachomp

games 1
    I get good hand and take a bunch of prizes, i eventually seeker his bench guys up and kill him that way. GG
    game 2
    He donks my magikarp
    game3
    Same as game one

TOP 2

game1
    I pretty much was in the driver seat most of the game until i ran out of resources, there was a turn where i needed a belt to win the game and i just happened to draw it off of an uxie drop. GG

game2
    He donked my lone sableye

game3
    I donked his lone uxie

all in all a good day, i sold my box of cards. Hung with freinds.

props:
    gyrados for being best deck
    donking for being annoying
    me, for seeing the future and predicting how all my freinds would do in top cut
    did i already say donking?
    oh and the judging was better then last states, i actually got to use regimove ( inside joke with a few freinds)

Slops:

Raymond not making top 2 :(
    CoL for being such a bad set

I might write a report for next states, but good luck to everyone and thanks for reading! :)

2. Mama_Luigi

Mama_Luigi New Member

Slops: Josh going 2-3
    Nice job btw. Top 2 games seemed pretty terrible though :p

3. Epic

Epic New Member

yeah, i agree. But either way my list was basicallly built to dominate SP and the games i didnt get donked it did its job. thanks