An idea for Nintendo.......

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Mob2099, Nov 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

its been said that this board could change the way things are ran in pokemon from nintendo cause there are people looking.

i have a sugestion that might have been brought up before but i cant remember. Nintendo needs to up pack count to 11 again! add one more uncommon and common. this will put them at the second highest cards per pack game out there. i have seen many yu-gioh and other card game players start pokemon again cause the packs are cheaper. well if they can up the cards to 11 that will give us extra uncommons( usaully 1stage and trainers which are highly sought after, even more so then rares at times.). players will also feel they are getting more for there money and even get more people from other games to come to pokemon cause of the avalibilty of the cards and price.

plus wasnt the pack count down sized cause of the ereader info. well, the amount of ereader info on the cards is alot less from the beginning and doesnt nintendo have rights to ereader. so there shouldnt be any extra cost in the red tape department to print ereader info on the cards, unlike with wizards.

besides the OP program and support of prizes( which nintendo is doing great in my opinion). i think reinstating the 11 cards per pack would give pokemon such a boost for the game let alone the players new and old.

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

The only problem is that not enough people play Pokemon anymore for them to spend the extra money on printing two extra cards per pack. If they did end up making the packs like they used to, they would up the price with it. Think about this from a business perspective: you would end up with less profit than you had before with the nine card packs because with what you're asking them to do is keep the same price and add two extra cards. In the business world that makes no sense whatsoever. I see your point and highly agree, but the likelyhood of it actually happening is slim to none. Hey, kudos to you for trying!
    -Swampert

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  3. farbsman

farbsman New Member

The original reason they supposively had to lower the number of cards in the packs was because of the dot code technology on the cards cost more. Well I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the only thing those little dots give us now is a profile of the pokemon. Do we really need that? I know it doesn't help me play the game any.

Plus, if Magic: The Gathering can put 15 cards in there packs and Wizards is the ones who own it, why can't Pokemon USA do the same?

4. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

Well said Farbsman.

I would much rather have a couple more cards in the pack than the e reader code.

It's hard enough to lure people away from MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Nintendo would be doing itself a favor if they were to step up and give there customers more cards per pack.

5. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I'd settle for getting the Flavor Text back - i really miss that......

6. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

I agree with most people here.

The pack count should be 11, and loose the e-reader stuff

get flavor text, pomeon level and # back along with hight wieght(etc...)

Treecko

7. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

thanks farbsman,
    i had stated both those points just not as well writen and to the point as you. but that was the meat i was getting to.

and yes flavor text ,pomeon level and hieght/ wieght is much prefered over ereader.

and i really think it wouldnt cut there profit margin by much( 2-5 cents) for printing a common and uncommon extra(its not a holo card of any sort). but in turn if this is the boost to get more packs sold they they accually make more money in the end if the idea works like it should.

im telling ya the card count for magic is really a kicker at times for people to play. they make it so the a casual player can make a unique/fun uncommon/common deck easily with the avalibility of those cards and not have to spend an arm and a leg on the rares if your not a tourny player( ie im such one, play magic casual but i do not play tournies).

i really hope they do see the need of the ereader isnt there and that the card count and unique text to read is more wanted.

they already made those e battle cards, just stick the ereader stuff on that card line and sell it as that , ereader cards. dont try and match it with the tcg when that isnt what is need for the game and players.

8. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Agreed, Cut E-Reader, Re-add flavor text, and bring up to 11 the amount of cards.

Also, to cut expenses, they should bring down the amount of rare cards in a preconstructed deck to one holo and one non-holo rare like they used to do in the old days. Now they include 3 rare cards, and in some cases, those cards aren't even holo anymore. If they had only 1 holo and 1 non-holo, and added an Uncommon card instead, it would work much better.

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

This is all fine and dandy, but will Nintendo really listen to us?

...I think yes, as MT Jimmer frequents these boards *HINTHINT* :D

10. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

OK, that stuff about the packs being reduced b/c of the Ereader dot code thingingy? that's complete bull. The real reason that the packs were reduced were because of the reverse holofoil cards in each pack. IMO, I'd rather have 2 extra cards than the 1 RH, which is absolutely worthless as a card BTW.

11. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

Bullados is Right, I think it's the Reverse holos. And if it was thebecause of the Ereader info, then why dont' the Reverse holos have the same dot codes? It'll cost more to make a reverse holo than a regular holo anyways.

12. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Also, the reverse holo, not worth it. Just makes it a little harder to read the text on electric, psyckic and a few other types.

And if they did make the packs 11 cards it would look like this

Common
    Common
    Common
    Common
    Common
    Common/Energy (if basic energy is in the set)
    Common/Energy(if basic energy is in the set)
    Uncommon
    Uncommon
    Uncommon
    Rare/Holo-Rare (holo rare chance: 1 out of 3)

So, the aount of rares they'd have to print would go down.
    Why? because insteed of sometimes haveing 3 rares in a pack, you now only have one.

Also, I'd love to see the first edition cards back

Treecko

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  13. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

not true, legenday had 11 cards to to a pack and had those ever hard to read prism (or reverse foil which ever you pefer) cards and still had 11 cards and still had them at 3.29 per pack. NO, i defeinly think it is the e-reader dot codes, which i like and i bought an ereader just for that however i dont ever use it and only scanded like 4 or so cards in there all together and i have ALL the sets complete (revers holo included) so yea nintendo i would like to see the following happon

1) packs increased to 11 cards
    2) revere foil kept and ramdamized in current way
    3) add extra uncommon and common
    4) Turn the ex's back to the rare rareity not the holo rarity ( for gods sakes im sick of opening a box and getting 6!!!!! regular holos for gods sakes people wonder why i buy a case of every set)
    5) add flavor text back
    6) add hight/weight back
    7) add level # back (i loved the level #, its a cool way to see which verson of the same card is stronger)

thanks and i hope you guys instatue some of these changes

14. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Well, for what it's worth, if ya loose the e-Reader info, I'm gone - that's the only reason I get the cards.

It was my belief that the cards went from 11 per pack to 9 because of the cost - splitting the incoming cash between Nintendo & The Pokémon Company, Wizards and Hasbro, and Olympus (the company who owns the Dot Code Technology). Now that WotC/Hasbro is out of the picture, we're back down to two companies involved, so why not up the cards back? :)

15. deathangel556

deathangel556 New Member

well what i think that should happen is that up the count to 11 but should put the cards like they did in skyridge aqua and expe buy putting info only on holos

16. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Now wait a sec. DOn't take away the RH cards. Holo's are so hard to get that if you can't get them RH, then you won't get them at all. Thankfully for me, I don't collect, I just play, so getting a much easier RH of a Holo is a god sent. Take that away and you just cut yours holo count in half.

I say leave the 9 cards the same but make it as the following.

1 Rare
    1 Holo
    4 Common
    3 Uncommon

and for sets that have energy in them, basic energy can count as common and special energy can count as a uncommon or a rare. I wish they would do it that way. That way I could atleast get some of the Holos I need without buying 17 boxes.

17. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

rumour has it that the dot code is to be dropped from future pokemon sets.

18. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Basic energy should never count as a common. Draft with R&S and you will see what i mean. "Wow a G energy card! Too bad is wasn't a Switch!!" (And never as an RH again try Drafting with R&S only to find your RH is an energy card!)

19. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Did you ever notice how pathetic the RHs in LC looked? They looked fake, for cryin out loud!!! However, UncleBob makes a point that makes mine absolutely moot. Now that there are only 2 companies (Nintendo and the Dot-code company) instead of 3 (WOTC, Nintendo, and Dot-code) the packs should increase the number of cards in them. Also, if Nintendo is going to drop the dot-code thing from the cards in future sets, then the number of cards in the packs should increase even more. If we go to 11 cards, with RH, here's how it should look:

5 Common
    4 Uncommon
    1 RH
    1 Rare
    with a 1 in 3 chance of getting a Holo, which would replace an Uncommon

If the Dot-code goes, then the packs should increase to 12, 13, or even 14 cards per pack (depending on how much Nintendo had to pay the dot-code company), and the packs should look like:

6 Common
    5 Uncommon
    1 RH
    1 Rare
    With a 1 in 3 chance of getting a Holo, which would replace an Uncommon.

My 2 cents, yours?

20. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

not sure if it would be an improvement but there was always the old wotc approach of duplicating the holos as rares. Makes it much easier to build a deck. This increases the number of rares in the set so we would at least see a return to the old days when rares *were* rarer than uncommons! ;)

As to the number of cards in a pack well I'm not that bothered. I'd rather the packs were structured to make limited play a better format than it currently is. Improving limited may require an increase in the number of cards. Limited just isn't what it used to be :(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.