An idea for Worlds 2008.

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Krucifier, May 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krucifier

Krucifier New Member

I am sure that there are Pokemon players out there that have had friends or family die of breast cancer. I am one of the lucky ones I guess, I do not personally know anyone who has died of breast cancer.

Anyway. In one of my random trains of thought, I was thinking about ways that the Pokemon Trading Card Game could show support for a cause like breast cancer research. And then it came to me...

PINK SLEEVES! Imagine if everyone in the main event played with pink sleeves? That would show that Pokemon supports a cause like breast cancer research - and that's real good press!

What do you guys think?

2. brendan2236

brendan2236 New Member

I think thats a really cool idea, however, I can see a problem with too many people using the same sleeves, and cards getting mixed up during matches.

3. DarkStar20

DarkStar20 Front Page Editor

In every Championship Series tournament I've been to, (1), they have playmats. Generally it's harder to
    mix up cards while playing on separate playmats. Normally, I see the problem with having the same
    sleeves like that, but the problem should be limited at worlds.

And it seems to me like a great idea, hopefully one of the admin-members of the board will see your
    idea and run with it, I wish this idea the best of luck! :)

4. V_For_Vendetta

V_For_Vendetta New Member

I like this idea.

5. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

I like the idea. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was in my teens. Twenty plus years later, she is a survivor, thank goodness.

I may not play at Worlds, but I will have something pink on to show my support for the cause and this idea.

6. Krucifier

Krucifier New Member

Thanks everyone for being so positive. But I guess it won't be too much longer before there starts to be some pessimistic responses...

Seeing as I am going for the next 4-5 hours I won't have a chance to reply to any of it, so I guess I will respond in advance...

"But it's a matter of MONEY! How can POP budget for this?"

I have no idea how much sleeves cost to produce. But I guarantee you it cannot be anymore than $1 for a pack of 60 coloured sleeves.

"How would this benefit the charity?"

Perhaps there could be a raffle or two to raise money? Perhaps they could sell the packs of sleeves for a buck or two. That's pocket change!

"Good idea. But you can't force everyone to use the sleeves..."

No. We can't force anyone to use the sleeves. But I don't think that there will be too many people that WOULDN'T do it, if any at all. =]

Heck. I am serious about this idea. And I want it to work. I won a $750USD scholarship from Nationals...
    I haven't sent in the forms for it yet, but I would be more than happy to not get the scholarship, and instead, I would like POP put it towards this idea going through.

7. Jason

Jason New Member

My mum was one oif them who had breast cancer...so yeah I really like the idea of the pink sleeves...

Pink pokeball sleeves, anyone?

8. LOL
    I always wanted Pink pokemon sleeves~!
    great idea jared
    i'd definatly support this idea of yours =)

9. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

from memory the pink sleeves are slightly transparent. So just make sure all of your cards have the same backs.

10. charchar

charchar New Member

DRAGON SHIELDS PINK SLEEVES. nice idea. not bad. SupportBreastCancer

11. mcoville

mcoville New Member

Breast Cancer is a great cause, what other causes could we support with sleeves or maybe even deck boxes?

I would put supporting fallen fire fighters on the list with Red sleeves printed with the fire fighter's shield on it.

12. charchar

charchar New Member

the war u mean? dragon sheild red then.

13. ashinto

ashinto New Member

i love the pink sleeve idea, but i am not going to worlds, but will do it anyway.

14. charchar

charchar New Member

i cant even find any. my friends bought the last 200 packs....

15. Blazing_Monkey

Blazing_Monkey New Member

Pink Ultra Pro sleeves, someone were using them at Nats today.

16. Umbreon777

Umbreon777 New Member

If everybody didnt agree with the sleeve idea, would pink shirts, hats, etc. be acceptable?

17. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

I do like this idea, but bad, BAD shufflers like me can't live with the cheap sleeves.

either way i'm not going to worlds.

:S

18. Krucifier

Krucifier New Member

I don't see why not.

I would imagine that this would be like what POP would do with the shirts they give you. "We would like you to wear them. But you don't have to..."

But I really couldn't imagine too many people not wanting to support such a good cause.

So whether or not POP do this. Or heck, whether they even notice this thread. I sure as heck will be playing with pink sleeves.

19. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

This is a great idea. POP could sell packs of 60 them for 3$ or so and give half of the money to breast cancer research. Plus pink sleeves would be awesome.

20. malikhisyam

malikhisyam New Member

Nice idea. I would support the idea of doing this though like K'M I'm not going to Worlds anyway. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.