Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anderson CC Tourney Report

Tommy's Back

Well, Tom's gonna tell ya how his day went down in Anderson SC,

I wake up like at 6 just to get there, so im a little cranky, i sleep like the whole way there :lol:

We get there, fill out our deck lists, im playing ZRE (Thanks To Super T-tar) I feel confident in this so i try it out

Lets get to my rounds

Round 1 Someone with Sunflora/Meganium Ex

Im going first and i have the stuff in my hand to t-2 a trode so im not that afraid of anything she may be able to pull, I t-1 recharge, she starts setting up, but i get a quick Rex with 8 energy, she can't do much, i draw 6 prizes FAST.

1-0

Well, I was terrfied going into that match but I guess the T-2 Trode was too much for her, Next Round

Round 2 Tatiana (Delta Salamence/Sally Ex)

Im going first, Again, but i was TERRIFIED about how fast this deck worked so i played cautiously, she was in a hazardous position, she sent up sally to do 40 to my trode
I kill my trode, i had 3 energy on cargo, play rex, Before she knew it i had Rex with 8 energy ohkoing everything, she lost soon after that but she kept sending up Jirachi didn't really help though

2-0

Me and Mike talk strategy about the next round and how scary it might be, again, im nervous enough to vomit.

Round 3 Christina Dollar (A 10- with Meganium)

This just was NOT fair at ALL, I start with a slugma, she starts with sunkern, im going first
I do 20, she attaches, and passes, i do 20 more, Game =(

3-0 I felt like such a jerk after this one

Well, im relieved because that means im almost guaranteed a top spot in the top 4, so i was pretty happy at this point, until the pairing come up...

Round 4...Vs KEITH The Lawman HAAS (T-2 Medicham)

I was TERRIFIED ENTIRELY at the beginning until i remember my test-games that me and Super T-tar played I realized ZRE should beat medicham, after exchanging blows, he starts to pull a comeback after powing my cargo up, well, then i play zapdos, from there i begin to win

4-0 What a Great Game

I am SO proud at this point, i felt indestructable, But next round i went down, HARD

Round 5 vs Kevin Nance (Ludicargo with D t-tar tech)

I start with slugma, he t-1s a Ludi...Game

4-1

I'm pretty discouraged, but T-tar kept me going

Round 6 vs Blaine Dollar (Dragonite D and Jolteon Ex)

He wins really quickly, i mean, this wasn't even a game

At this point, i thought i might not top, but then guess what

:biggrin:

Going in 3rd in Top 4,

Game 1 (Blaine Dollar...Again)
Well, the first one was extremely annoying becuase we exchanged blows a lot here, eventually, i take down his dragonite with rex, he sends up jolt, and i OHKO it, he gets his crystal shard late because he had no delta pokemon out to use Holon Ruins. he sends up macargo and folds so we can get up to the next game, 1-0.

Game 2
This was a great game for me, he thought he had me at the start, and i t-2 ko his dragonite, he gets demoralized, so he gets really afraid of my next move, i start Reversal'ing everything good/beneficial he lays down, we were laughing this entire game, it was hilarious. Eventually i pull out the win, GG man, GG.

Im going to the finals ROCK ON!, Then i hear mike got eliminated by Zach A., So i know i gotta win now, or be forever shamed because i promised him if he lost i'd win in his stead.

Finals Zach A (T-2 Medicham)

Game 1
A quick easy t-3 win not much to this game

Game 2
A longer more complex game, i start with Rex, he goes first, attaches does 10, NOT! I have resistance to fighting :lol:, Well, i attach, and play Er2...Heads! lol, slow him down some more i guess, he attaches and does nothing, i draw, attach another to ray and do 40, he attaches another, and evolves, pure powers my Rex so he had 70 left, i attach to ray and do 60, Medi has 10 left, and its his only poke out...he attaches and kos rex with sky kick...I bring up slugma, attach an energy and do 10, Game. XD

I couldn't believe i won like, that, i got my bag, collected my medal, and we had to go, because its a 3 and a half hour drive back to TN so a good end to a good day

Props

Gatr for a good tourney
Lawman for a good game
Blaine for a good game
Mike for being there and prep talking me when i thought i'd so lose in the top
Everybody who says ZRE pwns, because it does.
My mom for driving that long for a CC
All the free stuff i got for winning :lol:
Me for winning

Slops:

Mike getting constantly lucksacked
Um what else should go here, i mean i can't think of anymore.

All in all an awesome tourney, Keep it up Jeff :thumb:

Tom

HMmm. SO, everyone was facing everyone, huh? Isn't that kind of unfair for those that might luck into facing a 10-?

Good job Matt, ZRE is pretty awesome.

GJ TB. I enjoyed our game also. As it turns out, I was right in that I needed that game to top. What I didnt expect was for you to sink like a rock in rds 5 and 6. Kill my resistence and kept me outta top cut! :nonono: J/K :biggrin:
You know I will kill your deck this week at league! Zappy saved yer butt, I had your trode dead in my sights the next turn and it would have gotten me to a 1-2 prize adv. (after starting down...what 6-2?) No energies left on the field woulda kept your Zappy in your hand and you dead in the water. GG though.

The computer was sending out some strange match ups though all day. You and Mike go unbeaten for 4 rds each and still never match up, with no other unbeatens in 11-14. Unreal. Oh well.....We had a good time and that is the main thing.

Keith

Lawman I agree the software was doing strange things. Once I get a chance to test out the new software (TOM) I will start using it (probably for Charleston,SC). I have been using this software since it came out (over a year???) and have never seen anything like Sat before.

TB great job...guess those two losses made sure you didn't encounter the undefeated curse...LOL

:lol: So true jeff, thanks guys, this was a great tourney all in all, But keith, your medi is so freakin ANNOYING, i mean, i would have lost that if the zappy wasn't there.

GG though, see ya at league keith

Thank you all, Tom

PS: :lol: the new software even mimics my great alias.

Back