Animal Crossing?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by UncleBob, Sep 2, 2003.

1. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Anyone play N's Animal Crossing?

2. TR Shadow

TR Shadow New Member

Yes, but if I'm not mistakeing, this belongs in the Electronic Game forum. *Nodeth* I -heart- Animal Crossing!

3. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

I pondered that, but then I came to the conclusion that the electronic games forum was mostly for Pokémon and related games... so figured this might go better in the Random board... I dunno, I'm stll new here. :(

4. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

This will most likely get moved but don't worry about it. The mods can take care of that.

Yes I have played Animal Crossing and let me tell you that it can be completly addictive! A very good addictive at that. For me I pretty well spend time once a month to complete a whole game year (more on that later) so I can spend more time on more addicting games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Wind Waker, and Ruby and Sapphire. First lets give the low down on what the heck Animal Crossing is (for those who don't know).

Animal Crossing is like living a second life. Meaning you move to a whole new town with neighbors and do fun stuff everyday, plus you have work, make money, fall in debt, mail, and more. Sort of like the PC hit "The Sims" however you are not living with other humans, you are living with animals. Cute, adorable animals. Also it is a kid targeted game in comparison to the Sims. So that difference is cleared up.

Animal Crossing gives players all sort of fun things to do if their GCN accessory collection is huge. One of the notable features to this game is that you receive a specially designed Memory Card that is only meant for Animal Crossing. Mainly because 57 blocks are needed to have one town. Now with that you can also start earning items like NES Games like Donkey Kong, DK Jr, Excitabike, etc. The Game Boy Advance really makes good use out of this hardware like downloading the NES games to go. (Note the GBA must be on the entire time in order to keep the game in the GBA). Also you can visit Animal Island to relax and play your character on the GBA on the go.

E-Reader makes big use out of the game as well. In the E-Reader starter pack you will notice you will receive a special E-Card that you can use for the GCN game. You have to use the one-game save feature of the E-reader to make room for the special card reading program for Animal Crossing-e cards. Bummer.

Well lets move on, you can customize alot of things in the game so you can be who you are or even be someone completly different. Overall you can reflect who you are inside.

The trick to this game is that it takes about ten minute sessions at least three parts of each day so if you play it in real life you'll find that it is annoying to your real life (yeah we all have a real life). So I advice that you record the time and date on paper so that you can start where you see fit so that you can safely miss one day, a month, a year if need be so that things are in order when you play again. So the play while not playing feature is a downside.

Overall I give this game a B for its unique simple fun, yet it held back by tiny annoying time features. Unclebob, I can't tell if you own it or not but if you were asking to see if you want to get it for the first time I greatly encourge you try it for a while. If you do have it then you should check out http://www.animal-crossing.com for their community of Animal Crossing players, and feel free to ask questions in the Electronic Games forum here at Pokegym for people like me to help you out with whatever you need in Animal Crossing. Also NP magazine features a Animal Crossing segment each month called the "Crossing Guardian" that allows players to check for new ideas or tips on the game.

Have fun!

P.S.

Here is a password for Tom Nook's Store:

rSbaUIRmwUgwkA
    1K6tq#LMscTY%2

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  5. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Oh yes, trust me, I have it (and most of the cards... :)

Animal Crossing + Action Replay = Classic Gamer's Dream

6. mysterioustrainer

Well that is cool. It sounds like you really like the game. Other great games to play in relation to Animal Crossing

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: for its ability to create secret bases and load them with stuff, community link features not found in other versions.
    Harvest Moon series: Responciblity and simple gaming of farming come very close to the features played in Animal Crossing.

7. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

I have AC. Its a great game.

8. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

9. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Since this is discussion of a GCN game, I'm going to move it to Electronic Games.

Please do not just post that you have the game; such posts are SPAM. If you're going to post, please discuss what you like/dislike about the game....there's nothing interesting in reading a bunch of posts that say "I have it" "me too"...

'mom

10. Tego

Tego New Member

I've got the game, US imort. They never released it in Europe for some reason. Animal Crossing is one of my favourite games for the GCN. It's a toally unique experience, and it's refreshingly weird and innovative.

11. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

What is AC about? I've never seen it, as it's not released here yet. (I don't want to keep on harping about how Australia doesn't get stuff - Ereader, Sandstorm TCG set, and so on, so I won't)

12. mysterioustrainer

Look at my review above. Also check out http://www.animal-crossing.com

13. Tego

Tego New Member

Animal Crossing was released in Australia a short while ago, unless I remember wrong. You should be able to find it now. DO SO. It will change the way you look at games.

14. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

LOL> looks like I scrolled too far down when I last posted that bit. completely missed the review.
    So far I've only heard rumors of it in gaming magazines, and nothing more substantial, other than here.
    Looks like this is one game I MUST have... :p

15. Joshman

Joshman New Member

I used to play it, but my friend shared his copy with his mom and she didn't appreciate the letters I sent around. After I got the Golden Axe and chopped down most of the trees, I got bored of it and traded it in at my work.