Another Magmortar Spinoff.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ninjask_161, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

Okay, I've been on this site for a few weeks now and I've posted one deck before this one, which was completely shot down. So, i'm giving it another shot and this is what I've come up with. Being that I am sorta new to the game (havent played since Neo) I've just recently started collecting cards again. This being said, all my other cards were out of date horribly. so, these are about the best cards I have >.<

Energy: 19

19x :fire: energy

Pokemon: 14

4-3 Arcanine
    4-3 Magmortar

Trainers: 27

2x Energy Search
    4x Bebe's Search
    4x Roseannes Research
    2x SSU
    3x Prof. Oaks Visit
    2x Warp Point
    1x Felicity's Drawing
    1x Night Maintenance
    4x Team Galactic's Mars
    2x Amulet Coin
    2x Plus Power

Magmortar is the main attacker here, the reason i have so many pokemon lines is because I don't have quite enough of any of them to base the deck on. So, that being said, all the search cards are used to get out magmar/magmortar. Arcanine is the late game heavy hitter. I try to get magmortar out as fast as possible, and keep him healed up by stacking him with energy. But it seems to me the deck doesnt have enough pokemon. thanks in advance for suggestions.. Basically all i do now is get Magmortar out, and stack at least 4 energy on him, then, if he gets close to getting KO'ed, I take advantage of Arcanines Flame dash ability and try to get at least 2 kills before I Dash in another Arcanine....Rinse and Repeat. I kind of want to keep the deck a Stage one deck. and i'm trying to get some Magmortar lvl X at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. furrymuskrat03

furrymuskrat03 New Member

ok. if youre going to run stage 2's, you NEED Rare Candy. Also, dont play 4 lines of stage 2's and 1's. that'll make the deck slow. try to just run 2 lines. and maybe a tech or two. a tech if you don't know, is a pokemon that sometimes may not attack alot, but you would use it for countering other decks/it's pokepower as a little added bonus. Claydol is an example, though some would argue it is poplular enough to be considered a standard card. Charizard and arcanine generally aren't that great, unless they fit into a strategy, which these don't. so they should be taken out for 1 more of torchic and blaziken, as you don't need an extra combusken when playing rare candy. You should also have 2 more magmortar as having just 1 to 3 magmar isn't good. Magmortar lv.x since it is pretty hard to beat when gotten out and used correctly. And 2-2 claydol gives drawing acceleration. Take out energy search as you already have roseannes and have 17 Fire's so chances of drawing one are good. Add in another night maintenance and Azelf. Azelf lets you look at all your prize cards(without your opponent seeing) and if you want(you don't have to), you can take one of the pokemon you find(useful if mag lv.x is prized) and switch in another card in your hand to be a prize card. Well, hope you read the whole thing. Remember, this is from the mind of an 11 year old kid, so it may not be perfect,
    Danny. Deck Helper for the Tewksbury, MA league and Expert Guitar Hero/ Rock Band player.

Hope this helped :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  3. mikeynumber1

mikeynumber1 New Member

great deck for not having a lot of cards, but when you do get more cards try to drop the charizard line and beef up your magmortar/blaziken lines. good luck with this deck.

Edit:

Also, a few to many energy, try 15 fire 2 call.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  4. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

thanks to both of you guys for your input, glad to see this one isn't too far off from being a decent deck. but yeah, I'm definately trying hard to get some rare candies, I've bought dozens of GE packs trying to get them, but no luck so far... If anyone has any they are willing to swap for, send me a PM or check my trade thread. I REALLY need them >.<

5. thekingdo

thekingdo New Member

i would try to even out lines and bigger blazen line

6. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

I've Revised the decklist, any comments/suggestions?

7. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Mortar Lv.X.

Needs to be in here.

-2 Amulet Coin
    -2 Energy Search

+2-2 Claydol

-4 :fire: (You've got too many.)

+1 Mortar Lv.X

+1 Arcanine

+2 Rare Candy(Nice to have avalible.)

Looks good otherwise. Some Bubble Coat to defend against Kingdra and Empoleon?

8. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

why would I need Rare candy? there are no Stage 2's in the deck, unless it can be used for lvl X's. either way, I'm trying as hard as I can to get a magmortar Lvl X. I'll more than likely have to hit up ebay. I hate not knowing whether the card is fake or not though >.<. This deck runs smoothly and qute fast, so I'm not TOO worried about Kingdra. and with all the searches i dunno if its necessary to get another Arcanine into the deck. I usually end my games with at least 1-2 in my hand. regardless, this deck is undefeated thus far.

9. ashinto

ashinto New Member

i think the reason he said rare candy is because u can candy your magamr into motar for a t1 magmotar, which is very beast.

10. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

ahhh, that makes sense, but im having a very tough time getting candies!

11. mikeynumber1

mikeynumber1 New Member

well this looks very good, maybe try getting like 2 claydol and 2 baltoy. and like i said before, try taking out some energy like 2 or 3 and adding in some more pokemon like chatot or pachirisu.

12. Ninjask_161

Ninjask_161 New Member

i do seem to get tons of energy. but i only have one chatot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.