Another Newspaper Article

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Red5bv06, Aug 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Our local Chattanooga newspaper featured one of our Pokémon players on the front page of the Life section of the paper.

It's a pretty good article, here's a link to the online version:
    Link

It's a been a while since we've been featured in the paper. There's even a cool audio link. Check it out.

Congrats, Brandon!

2. AlanJLegend

AlanJLegend New Member

This is a great article, it's good to see Pokemon get positive publicity.

One but kind of confuses me though;

What the heck is this meant to mean? I have never been to a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament so I don't know what they are like, but since when is there anything wrong with wearing bandannas to any strategy card game event? If I were a TO/HJ I would be a lot more concerned and vigilante about cheating, bullying and bad language, not bandannas!

But it is good though; parents will encourage and support their children in playing Pokemon, with knowledge that their children are not being subjected to bandannas.

3. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

At nationals, people were wearing bandannas on their faces like bandits. PUI didn't take kindly to that.

4. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

the national champion was wearing a bandanna what are they talking about

nice article nontheless

5. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

During the matches, PUI made the announcement that bandannas or anything else that covered the face - except items for medical reasons, could not be worn. They considered it a form of intimidation.

The photos of the Nat champ and friends wearing the bandannas were taken after matches were completed.

Now that that is explained, please try and stay on topic.

6. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Nice article! Glad to see interest in Pokemon pick up. (Now, if we can get the Cross' to mention the next PR in Cleveland, that would nicer :thumb: )

Keith

7. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

But they are a good potassium source?

My favourite bit is:

that sounds very awesome.

8. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

"Mantis-Like Gallade and Flyish Flygon." Hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.