Another poke transferring question

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by fieryseraph, Oct 3, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. fieryseraph

fieryseraph New Member

So... I finally took the dive last night and traded in my PSP and a few games for the red/black DS and Pokemon Pearl (thanks, Game Crazy). I'm happy about it, I've been tired of playing one mediocre PSP game after another for the last 2 years.

Anyway... onto my question... if we decide to get the Wii for Christmas, and we use pokes from Diamond on the Pokemon Battle Revolution game, does it remove the pokemon from Diamond so you can't use them anymore (like it does when you transfer pokes from old cartridges to the new games)?

Also, if I have a bunch of pokes on one DS, can both players of pokemon battle revolution access them to battle with?

Oh... am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that the DS uses wireless WEP encryption instead of WPA? So I have to make my home wireless network less secure to use my DS? Huh? Why didn't they fix this when they designed the DS lite??

2. EricDent

EricDent New Member

I don't own Pokemon Battle Revolution, but I heard that it just "copies" your Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl onto the game.

I am not sure on the 2 player thing.

You can use your DS as the controller for Pokemon Battle Revolution.

3. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

It will simply copy the Pokemon. You can update your Pokemon after you copied them if they got new attacks.
    One annoying thing is that you have to re-send to change items.
    I think one DS game can have 1 PBR file, and 1 PBR file can have 1 DS game. Make a separate file if necessary. You can do multiplayer with two DSs or 1 DS and 1 game file.

4. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Yeah, it just copies the data over, it's not like Colloseum and XD.

Also, why not just post this in your original topic?

5. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

As an owner of PBR:

- Upon turning on the game, you will have one data block created on your Wii for your PBR file.
    - This cannot be moved or copied to an SD card through legitimate means.
    - On this data block, there are four different "profiles", that is, you can save up to four different players.
    - Each player has a one-time registration upon their first copying of Pokemon to their file on PBR. That means if you lose your Pokemon game (misplace or theft), you're stuck with the Pokemon you copied, with no way to transfer them back to another card or alter held items, moves, or the like or alter what DS is registered to the profile (as far as I know).
    - [Regarding question 1.] The process of copying Pokemon is as follows: Prepare Wii to find DS broadcast, start DS, go to main menu of Pokemon game (Continue, New Game, etc.), select "Connect to Wii". What follows is the DS broadcasting the data of each and every Pokemon you own to the Wii, so that it creates a virtual version of your PC and party's Pokemon on PBR. The process will finish, and your DS will turn off on the push of a button. No Pokemon data will be lost from your DS. These copied Pokemon may then be arranged onto Battle Passes, able to be used in the game's many modes.
    - There is nothing stopping a person from using their Pokemon DS game to make profiles on many different Wii consoles; however, each will have their own degree of unlockables based on how far the person has advanced in each. I am unsure if one could use their DS game to make 4 different profiles off the same DS game.
    - Only 1 Battle Pass may then, in turn, be copied to a Wii Remote, for going to another person's house and playing there, or for battling another player profile on the same game.
    - [Regarding question 2.] If you have enough Battle Passes (which you should upon profile creation), you can go to the 2 Player mode and use different Battle Passes saved to the player's profile.
    - [Regarding question 3.] Maybe. o_o;