Anti Gardevoir/EX

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Clefable73, Mar 9, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clefable73

Clefable73 New Member

I wanted to see what you guys think about this deck only compared to Gardevoir, not other decks.
    I want to build a strictly antiGarde deck because I am sick of losing to it.

4 Larvitar (4 expedition)
    3 Pupitar (Expedition)
    3 Tyranitar (Expedition)
    3 Eevee (Sandstorm)
    3 Espeon (Sandstorm)
    3 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    10base/19total

4 Dark
    4 Boost
    10 Fighting

4 POR
    3 Shaman
    3 PETM
    1 TV
    2 TV Reporter
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Warp Point
    2 Power Charge
    2 Briney's

Strategy
    Theoretically it would take a hand of 12 cards or 15 energy in play to kill me. Wobuffet does 20 and 10 to himself, Mewtwo EX does 30. The Dark and the Boost work on the Tyranitar to start dishing out 50 and flipping for 60/70/80 depending on # of dark as well as doing bench damage. Eevee/Espeon/Boost to KO all psych weak pokemon. Larvitar and Pupitar can KO Dunsparce which no one really cares about but if that is my first prize than great. It takes time to set up, probably more than Garde but it would give it a run for its money.

2. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

It is a litlle dangerous to rely too much on the resistance. Most non-BAR decks play Crystal Shard and that can conveniently be used to get through your resistance at the worst possible moment. You think you are safe and then the opponent shows you a Crystal Shard and a Boost Energy and they suddenly do 60 damage more that you thought they were capable of.

You would be correct if you guessed that I would like to get Crystal Shard out of modified. I would like to play Salamence, but it is simply too hard to play with colorless weakness when "everybody" has Crystal Shards.

I don't think the fact that you can stop Mewtwo EX with Tyranitar is much of an advantage. I don't see Mewtwo EX much, but you are unlikely to have a Tyranitar up in time to prevent the carnage wrecked by a second turn constant 60.

3. OHB

OHB Member

I used to beat garly deck with a gangar from expditon, ninjask Rare, and shedinja deck works prity well against weakness the deck goes simular to this
    Pokemon: 20
    4 Gastly 2exp 2Sky
    3 Hunter 1Sky 2exp
    3 Gangar 3exp
    4 Nincada 68
    3 Shedinja
    3 Ninjask rare

Trainer:
    4 POR
    2 Desert Shaman
    2 Town
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Bill's Matanince
    2 Briney's Compation
    3 Warp Point

Energy:
    4 Multi
    16 Psychic

Kinda ez to set up tech garly good other decks ok not the best will help stop your Mewtow ex probles as well
    up to you to change it around to fit your meta game

4. Clefable73

Clefable73 New Member

What about Wobuffet in that last deck, he just rips through shedinja.

5. OHB

OHB Member

you wouldn't like see a fect out there most of the time it's evolved and if you see it coming you would just put out a Ninjask or something there if you don't like this deck i guess you can use a BAR deck kinda more chalanging to use it tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.