Plus Power x4
Castaway x4
Strength Charm x4
Crystal Beach x3
Lake Boundary x3
Scott x2
Time-Space Disortion x1
Night Maintenance x1

Strategy: Okay, Goldeen start (duh!). Then, use all you can to get more Goldeens and Seekings out. Holon Mentor + 4 Quick Balls + 2 Water Energies is your ideal opening hand, counting your draw for the turn. Anyway, this is a great counter to Magmortar using one of the most underated cards in the game - Seeking. Why is it good? 50 for two may not be enough to OHKO Mag even with Lake Boundary in play, but put a Plus Power/Strength Charm onto him, and you've got yourself doing 60 - 120 with Lake Boundary. Enough to OHKO Magmortar. Add another and you're doing 140 damage to a Magmortar X. Castaway let's you get the needed Strength Charm fast. Now, you're probally wondering two things. First, why is Beach in here? And second, well, 50 a turn without any PPs or Strength Charm isn't going to make much of a difference to Gardylade. Well, Beach improves this matchup, and kills Blissey. They attach a DRE to Gallade? Oh, no they didn't! Play Beach, nullifying their DRE, buying you time. Three hits to KO their Gallade can be pretty good when they can't use their Specials. PP and Strength Charm, once again, are key to this match. Scott let's you get the needed Stadium, plus a Castaway and Ceilio's. Great Ball is a great way to get your Basics without using your Supporter per turn, and Roseanne's allows you to get the Energy and/or Goldeen. Gardylade will be your toughest matchup by far, and, though they will have the advantage, you can still win.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
Well firstly, I am pretty sure if you did 50 damage with a strength charm and a Lake boundary, it would only do 110 damage because PP and strength charm are added after weakness and resistance.

And 4 basic Pokemon is not many. You would have to be pretty lucky to get one first turn. Sure with all the trainers and stuff you can get them out, but what if 2 or 3 Goldeens are prized?

Just some things to think about.

Yes, about the Prized Goldeens, that problem is in any T2 deck. And PP and the Weakness thing, oh, well, it's still enough to OHKO a Magmortar.

But Gyrados would be harder to get up then Seeking, because of his 4 Energy attack as opposed to Seaking's 2 Energy attack.

^No. Magikarp alone is bad. Buizel and Floatzel are bad. This deck is a T2 deck. Any more Pokemon would just slow the deck down.

ya i would guess so. i usally just put them in if space they do suck. but still another basic wouldn't hurt

Maybe you should include some Cessations. I know it's a risk with Pachirisus running around, but worth taking as it slows down GG greatly. Also, if Pachi comes to KO your Cessation'd Seaking (which it can only do if there's Lake Boundary in play), just OHKO it back with your next Seaking. Fish decks should know how to bait.

And PP and Str. Charm are calculated before Weakness and Resistance, so 120 to Mortar with one.

Gallade can beat this and magmorter prob can too. its starters arn't even water weak. by the time you see a mag it'll do enough damage to knock you out. play empoleon because at least it'll have a chance against other decks and it'll prob do better against magmorter.

Well firstly, I am pretty sure if you did 50 damage with a strength charm and a Lake boundary, it would only do 110 damage because PP and strength charm are added after weakness and resistance.

And 4 basic Pokemon is not many. You would have to be pretty lucky to get one first turn. Sure with all the trainers and stuff you can get them out, but what if 2 or 3 Goldeens are prized?

do you have any idea what you are talking about? Yes it's hard to prize 2-3 of the same pokemon and can be done (I have done it once) but I have never seen it happen again (3 years and it's happened once). On a second note PP and Strength Charm are BEFORE weakness/resistance so your first statement is invalid.

But Gyrados would be harder to get up then Seeking, because of his 4 Energy attack as opposed to Seaking's 2 Energy attack.

Enrage should not be the attack of choice for Gyarados. Rely on its Dragon DNA Poké-Body to use any attack from its Basic Pokémon form for 30 additional damage. The consistent attack in this case would be Flail, dealing 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Gyarados plus 30 additional damage for the Dragon DNA Poké-Body. You are looking at 30 to 130 base damage.

First of all, your giving Magmortar 3 turns to setup while killing Pachi. Then if they send uout another one to stall, Power up Mag X with a with a FF and you lose.

BoDragon, then you would have to wait until Gyrados is damaged to attack, which I don't really want to be doing.

Pichu Bros.Rox, I can one-shot Magmortar, Pachirisu, Delcatty and Typhlosion. Really, the only hard thing in Fire TRUK is Delcatty ex, who is worth 2 Prizes. How can you stall when you get one-shoted?

You only 1Shot Pachi with 2 PP/SC. If Magmortar has a Holon nergy FF you lose immediately.

S: 50
Mag: KO, heeal 20 (30)
S: 80
Mag: KO, heal 20 (60
S: 50 KO

Your 2 to my one. and I can constantly use Typhlosion to make you attach to that Seaking Evergy turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back