Anti Ray Tech! Yay!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SuperWooper, Mar 13, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

You've all been complaining about the loss of crystal shard and Skyridge Ditto when Skyridge rotates out of the format, if indeed it does. I have the solution! Courtesty on Nick15, a spoiler of Castform!

* CASTFORM (NORMAL) [60 HP] (Basic Colorless Pokemon)
    [POWER] Weather Pattern
    Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for
    a Castform (Ice), a Castform (Rain), or a Castrom (Sun) and exchange
    Castform (Normal) with it. If you do, shuffle Castform (Normal) back
    into your deck. The new Castform retains all damage counters, energy
    cards, effects of attacks, Special Conditions and other effects that
    Castform (Normal) had. You can't use this Power if you used another copy
    of Weather Pattern this turn.
    [C] Wanderlust
    Seach your deck for a Statium card, show it to your opponent, and put it
    (into your hand? in play?)
    [CC] Extra Ball (20+)
    If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-ex, then this attack does 20 more
    damage.
    WEAKNESS: FIGHTING
    RETREAT: C
    66/83 Uncommon #142 [Sumiyoshi Kizuki :) :D

Look at the attack Extra Ball. That's 80 to a Ray EX. Enough said. Skyridge Ditto have been better, but this is certainly a start. Another decent counter for Rayquaza. This one works best if you're playing Gardy: Introducing the new Blaine's Charmander:

* SHUPPET [40 HP] (Basic Psychic Pokemon)
    [P] Shadow Crash (10)
    You may discard 1 PSYCHIC Energy attached to Shuppet. If you do and if
    the Defending Pokemon has any Energy cards attached to it, choose one of
    them and discard it.
    WEAKNESS: DARKNESS
    RESISTANCE: FIGHTING
    RETREAT: C
    46/83 Common #146 [Midori Harada

Gets rid of that annoying electric energy. Chances are once they play one electric energy, they'll figure it'll safe and discard some more using energy draw. But a surprise Kindle attack could catch them off guard.

Who says that tECh is in low supply? We have the new Skyridge Ditto, and the new Blaine's Charmander, and best off all, they're both uncommon or bellow.

Consider these cards as the newer format draws closer.

Wooper

2. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Castform normal is ok but shuppet is not. It only has 40hp and they will just use blaziken to destroy it w/o using lightning.

3. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Unless multiple Castforms are useful this card won't really be worth it. You NEED to ohko Rayquaza. Its the difference of a full prize since Quaza will just attack again. Even worse if they have the 2nd Quaza down.

4. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Castform works as a tech for Ray, but its an even 2 for 2 trade so it might not be worth the room in a deck (?). Shuppet could be annoying to Ray but your discarding NRG from play which hurts Gardy, does it say basic psy NRG card or just psy NRG?

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

All of Castforms forms are usefull, in certain decks... but the colorless/normal isnt even the best one, IMO... lets just say when we get Rainy Castform... 1st turn Dunsparce/Wynuat my not look as good.....

6. registeel

registeel New Member

Hey a dunsparce wich alot of people use will do the 20 that you need to ko Rayquaza. hey why shouldn't we go in to the future? it gives us a good picture of what we will want to use ect.

7. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

if you are running blaziken then blazi ex and ray can tech ray, if you're running blastoise ex then awesomegodly spinda will tech ray.

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

But Venusaur, it's perfectly fine going into the future, whether or not the idea will work! Just remember that it's all part of the process. With every good idea, there are about ten flawed ideas (Not like I'm saying it IS flawed...I kinda like it!). I'm a crazy psychopath, and the one thing I respect about SuperWooper is that he's a psychopath of equal or slightly lesser value XP

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  9. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Thanks, I think. :rolleyes:

Registeel's right about the Dunsparce thing. Hope to paralyze the Ray EX with sudden flash and retreat back to Castform. Bam! Two prizes. 1/3 closer to sweet, sweet, victory. If Dunsparce is not KOd, it's a one for two prize trade off, in my favor. If it is, then it's a two for two prize trade off. IMHO, I think relying on the flip for paralysis makes it a 1.5/2 prize trade off, in my favor. Eat that, Jermy. :mad: :D

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Of course thanks! It was a messed-up compliment, courtesy of Pat. ;)

Now I personally didn't notice the dunsparce/castform thing (Or I just didn't look >_>""), but that makes me even more interested. Switch cards are always there to mess you up, but something like this could still be a big help late game.

11. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

dunsparce castform isnt real, if ray comes in late you will seriously waste a bench spot for a dunsparce?
    nope, use spinda.

12. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

I don't think either card is really good. You don't even OHKO Rayquaza with that Castform and it stinks against everything else. Blazzy decks don't even have to attack with Rayquaza the whole time. The Shuppet doesn't have enough health, and again, it's just one card you are trying to disrupt when they can attack with Blazzy and Blazzy ex. They are easy prizes for your opponent.

13. AbsolutelyNobody

AbsolutelyNobody New Member

Ofcorse it isn't/cant likely to happen, but the translation could be "messed up" and it could do +30 damage. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: