any advance news on poosible rules changes involving TMvTA set?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by professorbix, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professorbix

professorbix New Member

just wondering if there was any rules information relating to the new dual type pokemon in the upcoming TMvTA card set.

2. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Since the set is not offically out till the middle of March, it might be a couple of weeks before we see anything.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I havent heard of any rule changes with the exception of the Japanese ADV 4 (5) rule. It will likely trickle down here too, but it will cause a lot of anger....

No Supporters for the player who goes first on first turn.... kinda sucks, but it makes you really think before going first....

4. P_A

P_A Active Member

You're joking right?

I certainly hope so. I'd hate to be shot at the pre-release when that is announced!

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

from my understanding with ADV 5 series, it isnt a joke... anyone else hear this??

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I'd like to smack the person who came up with that rule...

Not only did they take away the first person's card draw (which cause a GINORMOUS uproar over here, from what I remember) but now they're taking away any and all reason to actually GO first...

bah...

7. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

But that is the whole idea and Nintendo's attempt should be applauded!

We want the game to be as neutral to luck as possible and this includes the flip for who starts. They are simply adjusting the rules to remove the advantage of going first since the removal of drawing obviously wasn't enough (I have not met anyone who won the toss and chose to go second yet).

You may think that it is best to go second with this rules (should it be implemented), someone else would prefer to go first. Achieving that balance would be perfect.

8. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

I have. It happened to me 4 times over the course of 3 different CC's. Some people just want that extra card draw. But not being able to play Supporters on your 1st turn is a huge disruption. There is absolutely no reason to go 1st if that happens.

9. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You still get that first energy attachment.
    Don't know if that's enough, though.

10. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Strike and Run first turn????? Non-supportes like Master Ball/Fast Ball etc? Many people will complain, but I makes the first turn more balanced, and Oracle first turn to get any card the next turn is abosultely awesome and broken in today's envionment, but I'll take Strike and Run over any supporter first turn ANY time!

-MuD

11. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Anyone running four Dunsparce is still going to go first! Speed is still the dominant factor in deciding who wins in Pokemon. To actually slow things down they would have to ban all Trainer play by the player who goes first on his/her first turn.

To be honest I'd prefer to see colour introduced to tournament play like it is with Chess rather than yet more restrictions but not being allowed to play supporters isn't too restrictive.

Match play fixes the going first advantage as long as the wotc approach is followed where the looser is assumed to win the coin toss and gets to choose.

12. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

I don't like the rule, but I guess it has to be done =/. I don't see no advantages of playing a supporter first turn -_-; If they do that, they should also enforce it for the player going second -_-;

13. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Here is another reason against this, what if I don't draw that Dunsparce?

14. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Add the restriction that you can't attack on your first turn if you're first. Now THAT might help a little bit for those going second.

15. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Personally, I like using the supporters on my first turn, because they are helpful, for example, I have oracle and go for Dunsparce. If I didn't do that on my first turn, I would be a whole turn behind my opponent, and the only thing I did was go first. Going first is random, you have no way to choose, why do we need so many drawbacks, and if they do have this, whoever wins the coin flip will choose to go second, and still take the advantage.

16. PokeMasterFlabface

PokeMasterFlabface <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I'm sure the only thing that will change is the rules for the Team Aqua - Team Magma Pokemon, like the evolutions for them, ie. Team Magmas Lairon to Team Magmas Aggron. I'm sure that Darkness Energies are going to be added the extra 10 dmg because all the Teams' Pokemon are Dark and another type. We will just have to see what happens, it now looks like some non-Ex Pokemon are going to be getting Double Weaknesses now.... lets just wait and see. :)

17. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

NO!

18. Xeno

Xeno New Member

Sometimes, my opponents like to taunt me(jokingly) about not being able to draw first turn but then I pull a Bill's Maintenance. I do get to draw after all. I seriously don't like the rule but it won't bea big deal if they pass it.

19. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

I really hope that becomes a rule. So many of the close games I play are decided by who goes first. If I go second, I'll almost always loose the close game, but I know if I went first I'd win no question. Going first is such a big advantage. You get to put energy on first, attack first, evolve first, and use trainers to get set up first. No being able to use supporters first turn would really even it up, making the person actually think about going first or second. The only thing is, I think you should be able to look at your hand before you decide, otherwise it's just kinda guessing and not as much strategy. That reminds me, do you have to decide about going first or second before you look at your hand in the current rules? I always go first if I win the flip, so I never really thought about that.

20. davechri

davechri New Member

I want to understand why anybody would CHOOSE to go first with this new rule in place.

Seriously. If we're talking "balance," this UN-balances the first vs. second issue.

There is no reason to EVER choose to go first with this rule in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.