Any news on blaziken ex, sceptile ex, and swampert ex?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Perfect0ne, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

any info on blaziken ex, sceptile ex, and swampert ex or their release date?

2. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

Not that I've heard. Although the best guess I've heard is that they'll end up being promos.

3. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

They will either be released in the next set as regular EX's or be made as promos. Or both! Hmmmm, they could always make a different picture EX of them as promos.

4. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

I hope they come out before the city championships... that evil swampert ex... dang

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Yeah they probably won't come out as promos now that we know that the spot right after Grovyle is another Mudkip. So the promo list will probably break down like this:

001 Kyogre ex
    002 Groudon ex
    003 Treecko
    004 Grovyle
    005 Holo Mudkip w/ Silver Pokeball Stamp(Only in UK at the moment)
    006 Holo Treecko w/ Silver Pokeball Stamp(Not confirmed)
    007 Holo Torchic w/ Silver Pokeball Stamp(not confirmed)
    008 Torchic
    009 Combusken
    010 Mudkip
    011 Marshtomp
    012 Pikachu
    013 Meowth

Unless they put the stage 2's at the very end.

6. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

I bet they will be in the next set that comes out in March. So if a city championship in your area is in Feb then you are out of luck, but if the one around you is in March Im sure you will get to use them if they are after the release date. :thumb:

7. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Why would they release versions of treecko mudkip, etc? Because they want to give the big exs out as league promos to encourage league play. There are no more mudkip, treecko, etc. in existance to be printed anyway so they would not put them in a set since they would be useless in draft- which nintendo likes. The next set is Aqua and Magma cards anyway (which happen to be horrible). So I think they will be released one by one, but seeing that they can't all be released at once- and that if they release only one per month (making only one or two of them available for the citys and states championships) it would take too long so they may be released as league cards right after the state championships. That part is just speculation... but it makes sense huh?

8. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

I do not thinkn they will be promos due to the fact hey are pokemon ex

9. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

I, for one. Hope Blaziken EX isn't released, its ridicilously broken .. 100 to anything, Warp Point , OOPS =\... Swampert and Sceptile are regular powered ex's. I don't want to hear about Gardevior either. Gardy EX isn't that strong =\..

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

It could only be to either active. Everyone thought Typhlo EX did 50 to all opponents Pokemon for discarded R.

And Blaze EX does require 2 NRG discard... no biggy, like Gardi/Gardi EX, Blaze/Blaze EX will se alot of play.

Swampert is mildly broken, WCC, 40 to anyone, and a flip to discard an NRG from it
    or C 20, 20 more for each Basic NRG attache, not used to pay attack, no more than 80 added this way. Just screems Swampert/Swampy EX to get extra W on him quickly

Sceptile is the least of worries. 100 every other turn, but that Grass Heal attack can hurt some... especially decks that focus on bench hitting.....

11. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT Winning is HIGHLY overrated =p Blaziken EX is really good though yah, But with a psychic weakness I dont know how it would fair vs gardy....

12. Tego

Tego New Member

Mudkip will be available in Norway soon too. We've got the promos in, and they'll be sent to League stores soon. Actually, I think they're available to any distributor in Europe who chose to order them. They'll probably appear some way in the USA at some point too.

13. Gym Leader Blaine

Maybe if PUI stop sending reprints out as promos we might see them.

14. Gym Leader Blaine

That is not true, promo 001 Kyogre ex & 002 Groudon ex are both EXs and promos.

15. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

To the blaziken ex lovers: the roselia TeCH decks eat him alive by powering up like 4 wobbufets on the first few turns- forget killing them if they have all wobs- not to mention there isnt any easy way to attack every turn with blaziken ex anyway- once he dies hewill have no back up- being that he drained all of the energy. I wont support swampy since i want my killer strategy with him a secret- and sceptile is a pathetic fool.
    Spectreon: that makes no sense- any attack can affect EITHER active, LMAO.

16. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Blaziken RS powers the bench and only if it is active!!! Anyway- reread what i said about roselia- blaziken decks cannot power up fast enough to deal with 4 wobuffets so early and can't even beat kingdra ex (using the waterfall seadra specifically) seeing as it cannot deal the 100 twice in a row and kingdra has pokemon nurse and boost energy to KO both blazikens very easy- hes good, but look at what happened to everyones views on gardy

17. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

doing that will make kingdra very happy- giving it 2 free prizes- it will use a crystal shard and kill it so easily. I never saw blaziken using nurses though, but then again, there are many versions of roselia that use gard ex, which may attack before blaziken ex can and other combos like my secret one, that can even beat blaziken, but im just saying- blaziken ex is not perfect just like gard who has many weaknesses now that some people have actually started playtesting @_@.

18. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

I think youre being vague so that i can reveal decks and secrets to you... Gard is really a default deck for noobs in MY eyes. It takes no skill to play, just beatdown.

19. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

IMO, Gardevoir is not for Noobs. To build working versions of Gardevoir (and not take it off the internet) is very difficult. I've tried so so so many different ways to power Gardy or get Gardy faster or not start with Wobuffet first, etc. But about Blaziken ex, it sounds pretty broken. Even then, can it stand up to Gardy, Kingdra, Rayquaza, etc? Depending on the deck (and from what you people are saying), we'll just have to wait until it is released (IF it is released). Even then, they may release a different version of it, where it does something different (cough... Slowking Neo Genesis).

20. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Blaziken ex doesn't look terribly more broken then Rayquaza in Blaziken decks. I would think you will just add Blaziken ex to Blaze/Rayquaza and it gains another weapon. Rayquaza already can ohko anything if you have a couple Blaziken going.(and if you don't neither is unstoppable) Blaziken ex will probably be added to Blaziken decks since 1. It can kill the bench which won't be too much more then Ray since Ray will get you a prize too. 2. If they've teched against Ray with Crystal Shard maybe they don't have something for Blaze ex.
    Swampert ex may put Swampert back on the map. (If it ever was) The fact that it can be a largely water deck which can still give Blaziken trouble if they get around Rayquaza AND have a huge Fighting force which should easily crush Ampharos ex. Swampert ex can be the 1st good fighting pokemon in a deck that can combat others too.
    Sceptile Ex can and will be great. He will bring back Sceptile tech. Sceptile tech was missing the ability for a big hitter and now it gets it. Easily powered up for 100 in mid-game with nrg trans. So what if I have to stoop down to a lowly 40 and poison w/no retreat aloud between 100s. Or heal my entire side which is easy with Trans. I can Nurse the big 150 HP poke and hit you for 100 again. And it still won't add many cards to the deck so I can still have the good techs for other deck. Do not say you don't have to worry about Sceptile ex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.