Any NON-store based Leagues in the USA?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by NoPoke, Dec 8, 2003.

1. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Just trying to find out if we are unique outside the USA in having no store based play in the UK

After loging in using my professor ID on the POP website and then searching for a local league I get a message telling me that there are no leagues in the UK.

Kinda funny that to get to this page I HAD to login as a prof first. (Well I find it funny ! ;) Its not April 1st yet is it )

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/internati...y=UK&submit2=Show+all+Leagues+in+this+Country

---------------

So are there any non-store leagues in the USA?????

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  2. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

I know of atleat 1. Its held at a library in Maryland(run by the gym's RainbowRichards)

3. annisarich

annisarich New Member

Yes

We play at a local Sciout Cabin

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Thanks .

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

As far as I know, the only requirement is that the League be held in a public place. so a school, church, library, store thats not a TCG store, ect would work.

6. Sands

Sands New Member

I run Leagues/Tournaments at a city voter precinct building.

7. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Today we got the message, we can have a league but only if we are connected to a store.
    So I don't have a store and no store in the wide vicinity who want to participate, that makes end of leauge.
    I already expected this, but why again making an exception in 1 country while in other countries it lookes like you can run an approved league without having a host store.

Am I just wrong informed, I still like to know how many leagues are running without a host store.

8. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

That must be your distributors decision. We have a league here in Florida run from a mall food court.