Anyone Interested...in the Chicago Area?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bullados, Aug 30, 2003.

1. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Is anyone in the Chicago Area interested in an Aquapolis/Sandstorm draft in 2 weeks? If so, here's the info...

Where: Windy City Comics and Cards
    When: Saturday, September 20, noon
    Cost: $12, this includes 3 packs of Aqua and 2 packs of Sandstorm, plus League and product prizes.
    Format: Wizards Booster Draft format. I'll explain later on.
    Rounds: Age Modified Swiss.

I need to have at least 6 people to show up for this, or it will just be a regular League.

Under the Wizards Booster Draft format, each player will receive 5 packs of cards, in this case, 3 Aquapolis and 2 Sandstorm. EAch player will open a pack of Aquapolis, take one card from that pack, and pass the remaining cards to the right. Continue to take a card and pass to the right until all cards are expelled. Then, each player will open a pack of Sandstorm, take a card, and pass the rest to the left. Continue to take a card and pass to the left until all cards are expelled. Continue opening and passing packs around until there are no packs remaining. Each player will then construct a 40 card deck consisting of the cards placed in front of him or her. There will be a 20 minute time limit for constructing your deck. You will then be paired, and will play at least 6 30 minute rounds.

Again, I need at least 6 people say that they can definately show up, or this will be another regular League.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2003
  2. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

I'm not sure Sandstorm would be out by the 20th...

3. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

It sounds like Windy City comics is going to have a league...do you know when the league starts? I might be able to come

-DA king :cool:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  4. bullados

soslowpoke:
    Aren't you forgetting about the Prerelease? If I'm not mistaken, the prizes are all Sandstorm based. That's where the EX cards are gonna be comin from.

kingkyle3:
    Windy City has already started its league. Pokedok is running it. It will cost $5 for the season (however long that is), and it will be every Saturday from noon to about 3.

5. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

Sweet...I may have to stop bye the in a couple of weeks...BTW, is the turnout every week good?

-DA king :cool:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  6. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

I wouldn't find it very wise to plan a draft based on what you 'assume' you'll win =x

7. bullados

The prerelease is divided into age groups, right?

If I don't get the boosters that I need, I'll post here and request that the mods lock this topic. I won't have it deleted because then the people might still think that there's a Draft. Actually, I might just change it to a straight Aqua draft, if I don't get enough Sandstorm boosters. Fair nuf?

8. ilc

ilc New Member

Well I suppose he could always "repack" the cards he gets from the sealed :p. I think someone here is confident.

9. bullados

2-0 in sealed. I have a right to be.

10. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Well if you need 6 people to run this sucker and the prizes go..

1st- 36
    2nd- 16
    3/4- 8
    5-8- 4

Better hope the handful of other people that went 2-0 in R/S Sealed don't have the same ambitions =x

11. bullados

I repeat my question: are there age groups?

Also, I have ilc and his bro helpin out on this, so there should be enough for at least 6 guys, especially since his bro is in the nonexistant 11-14 age group, you remember that, don't you?

12. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Yes there are age groups and i think 11-14 pulled in a bit more than 15+ did last weekend.

13. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

yeah, 11-14 pulled off 12 people, while 15+ got only 11. It's 10 and under that's non-existant...

14. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Yes, there should be less prizes for the 10- in smaller events like this. Even I agree that there are way to many prizes for this tournament. I would run it 10- and 11+ for something as small as this.

15. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Eh I suggested splitting the unused prizes for 10- among the 15+ and 11-14 that didnt T8..but it looks like we've got to send back product for what wasnt reported for. (i.e. If there was no 8th placer for 10- we'd have to send back 10 boosters or however many it was they won..)

16. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Yeah, its too bad we have to send that back.