Archie Abuse(E-On)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Mar 7, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

18 Pokemon
    3 Dunsparce(Sandstorm)
    2 Team Aqua's Cacnea(PreRelease)
    3 Team Aqua's Cacturne(Holo)
    2 Team Aqua's Electrike(Self Charge)
    3 Team Aqua's Manectric(Holo)
    2 Team Aqua's Corpish(Slash)
    3 Team Aqua's Crawdaunt(Holo)

26 Trainers
    4 Archie
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Oracle
    3 Potion
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    3 PokeNav
    2 Power Charge
    2 Team Aqua Hideout

16 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    4 Water Energy
    4 Grass Energy
    4 Electric Energy

I guess you could call this a weird deck. Okay, so it won't beat BAR or Niniken or Gardevior, but hey it's a new idea. Abuse the Archies to lay out the stage 1's(they take no damage because they are not stage 2's) and then swarm with stage 1's more or less. Attach dark to boost their attacks and put out hideout so every other pokemon retreats for one more.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  2. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I have been looking at something similar, but I think Sharpedo is the better water Pokemon (free retreat) and using Aqua's Mightyena instead of Cacturne will make your energy selection a little easier. I like the fact that Mighthyena autoconfuses EX Pokemon.

I might even go the whole way and drop Dunsparce in favor of Team Aqua Conspirator which seems to me to be more flexible since you can get energy or basics.

3. Prime

The deck doesn't need more supporters, and dunsparce is a need in this deck. You get dunsparce out first turn, SAR and fill your bench, now you have two ways to get out the stage 2's. Evolve them regularly, or use Archie.

Also, this is supposed to be a rainbow type deck so you can counter any deck you fight. I mean, grass for gardevior EX/fighting pokemon, crawdaunt for blaziken/fighting pokemon, and manectric for water and some colorless. If I made this deck into a mono-type, a simple weakness to that type would eat this deck alive.

Also, Cacturne is so much better than Mightyena. It has 10 more HP, and can do 40(more per dark) and auto-poison. But I could replace crawdaunt with mightyena. Because maybe a psychic resistance might come in handy sometime, maybe against gengar? I will take that into consideration.

Thanks for the ideas.

4. Prime

HAHAH I have made this deck even more weirder!!!

8 Pokemon
    2 Aqua's Cacturne(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Walrein(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Manectric(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Mightyena(Rare)

30 Trainers
    4 Archie
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Potion
    4 Switch
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Root Fossil
    2 Fisherman

22 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    6 Water
    6 Grass
    6 Electric

Haha, try this deck out now!

5. Dek

Dek New Member

Um...dont you need a Basic to start the game? If so, then add some Basics

-1 Root Fossil
    -1 Claw Fossil

+2 Aqua's Seviper

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Claw Fossil and Root Fossil can be used as Basics to start the game, Arthas_Zero. Had you forgotten? This deck looks very interesting, I'll say that. But, what are you going to do when you run out of Archies?

7. Prime

Beats me! LOL, I knew this deck wouldn't be a tournament winning deck, or even a winning deck, but I know I will come up with a new idea with this deck. I wish there was a way to get back the archies. Okay how about this? I keep muligan'ing until I get a archie and a few fossils in my hand. I then lay out the fossils, play archie, and start laying the energy. I then oracle for 2 more archies, next turn archieing for another stage 2, then another one, and after 4 turns, I have 3 stage 2's out and I can hide behind fossils till I power them up. I guess I might need more fossils then.

8 Pokemon
    2 Aqua's Cacturne(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Walrein(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Manectric(Holo)
    2 Aqua's Mightyena(Rare)

30 Trainers
    4 Archie
    4 Potion
    4 Switch
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Root Fossil
    4 Mysterious Fossil
    2 Fisherman

22 Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    6 Water
    6 Grass
    6 Electric

Okay, I have more fossils to hide behind until I get out my stage 2's and power them up. Cool!

8. Dek

Dek New Member

As a matter of fact dkates, yes i did forget

*pounds head on the wall*

wait...what were we talking about? :lol:

But other than that, the deck does look pretty good. Now you just have to make a Magma version...

9. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

You would probably need Energy Search to get the energies that you need at certain times.

10. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

A very elegant idea!

I am little worried that you will only be able to get half of your Pokemon in play since you are limited to 4 Archies. Have I missed something?

Do you really need Fisherman with 22 energy?

Is there a reason you are not using Nurse? It would require 2 Manectrics to move energy away from the active and then back, but it would be a nice strategy when it works.

11. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Flood (E-on)
    Pokemon: 14
    4 Aqua's Walrein
    4 Mudkip (Surf or Bubble)
    4 Swampert (Holo)
    2 Suicune EX

Trainers: 28
    4 Archie
    4 Potion
    3 Switch
    2 Fisherman
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Shaman/CC/TV Reporter
    3 Fast Ball

Energy: 18
    4 Dark Energy
    14 Water Energy

OK, I tried as much as I could to keep the deck w/ the strange Archie theme, but it wuz kinda hard... lol U may want to take out a Holo Swampy and add a Swampert EX, it's a choice, but I dunno. You may also wanna find room for some TecHing material, IE Crystal Shard, and then possibly some Seer. I don't know, it really depends on your playing style. I like this deck Much better and it should do pretty well. Hope I helped!
    -Swampy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.