Are GE Level X's considred Basics?

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by jconti2818, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

I posted a Palkia Level X deck on the deck forum which included Mantyke and one forum member suggested that I could search out Palkia Level X wiith Mantyke's Call for Friends attack. That got me thinking--are the new legendary level X's in the GE series searchable by cards which search out basics (Mantyke,, Rosanne's Research, Holon Mentor if their HP ≤ 100) or are they considered "Evolution" cards and hence only searchable by Celio's, Premier Ball, etc. Guidance on this issue would be appreciated since I recently passed my professor's exam and I suspect this question is also going to come up at league.

Thanks.

jconti2818

2. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

LvX cards are neither Basics or Evolutions UNTIL they are played. Once in play they are whatever they were placed on, as they become one with that card. While in your Deck, Hand or Discard pile they are considered Pokemon. You can search for them with something that says "search for a Pokemon" or in the case of older cards something that says "search for a Basic or Evolution card".

BDS

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Note that in the case of cards that say "search for a Basic or Evolution card", it HAS to say both, not one or the other.