Are you... "There?"

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by mysterioustrainer, Oct 30, 2003.

1. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

This really cool site opened up recently and I think I might try to upgrade my computer to be in it. It is called there, and to me it is the first fully functional earth like virtual reality chatroom. It costs money to be in and it requires a fairly well built PC to be in it. Basically you are the avatar that goes around and do things with other users, spend therebucks, make stuff, and have fun. I think it is really cool. It is like the ultimate chance to express who you are inside to everyone around you. Unlike public chatrooms, it is highly monitored and difficult for anyone to do anything wrong there. It's cool to be there. If I get the chance, I'll be there.
    Here is an article on it if you want to learn more.
    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/products/story/0,24330,3420129,00.html

Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  2. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I was a beta tester of There, and I didn't really enjoy the game... I know its just basically a virtual chat room, like the Sims Online, but its not my type of game. I need some action! Besides any game that requires a credit card is an automatic "im not even going to bother with it" for me.

3. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Wel by the sounds of it, if you change it to a RPG you would get The World from .HACK//. (Its just the way he made it sound I thought of .HACK// )

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I was thinking that too when I read the 1st post.

5. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

I was a beta tester too. it really is a waste of money

6. Baboon

Baboon New Member

From the description, it sounds really cool, but I wouldn't have the time needed to be in it. (And wouldn't really like giving money either. ;p)

7. RaNd0m

RaNd0m New Member

From the description, it sounds like this isn't a first. Activeworlds (www.activeworlds.com) is the same type of thing, and it has been around for years. =\

~ RaNd0m