Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arithmetic by Speed and Nintendo rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arithmetic and Speed by Nintendo rules

I play Unlimited by Nintendo rules, which means Metal Energy does NOTHING on Rocket's Zapdos. Mary is so I can use Professor Oak even if I have something in my hand that I don't want to discard. Here's my deck. Help in any way you can:

3 Rocket's Zapdos
3 Cleffa
2 Murkrow
2 Pichu
2 Tyrouge

4 Computer Search
4 Professor Oak
4 Mary
3 Bill
3 Super Energy Removal
3 Lass
3 Double Gust
3 Focus Band
3 Gold Berry
3 Pokemon Tower
2 Energy Charge

7 Lighning Energy
4 Darkness Energy
2 Warp Energy

Please help!

Last edited:
You have the format, you have the Darkness Energy, so where's Sneasel? I like Murkrow, so keep it-- drop one Cleffa (3 is overdoing it) and a Pokemon Tower (3 of a Stadium is usually overdoing it) for two Sneasels. Also, since you're already using Bill and Mary, add in a few Oracles. Not sure what you should take out for it, though. Switch the Double Gusts to Gusts of Wind. I'm a little worried about Mulligans for this deck -- only 12 Pokemon, even though they are all Basics. Looks like a good deck.

-4 Mary
-3 Bill
-1 Focus Band
-1 Darkness Energy
+1 Cleffa (You WILL need 4)
+2 Elm
+2 Copycat
+3 Item Finder
+1 Lightning Energy

Slowkings, Lass/Eeeeeek combos on both sides, along with the ease of KOing Cleffa, just beg for you to play 4. Bill and Mary just aren't effective enough, especially without Oracles. You can save your special Energy with Elm and Cat instead. Item Finder may have been overlooked, but it's a necessity; I'd suggest 4 if you can fit them.

I always found 7 Lightning was always just a bit short to support Zappy, especially without the use of Metal. As always, keep it if it works for you.

Solid deck overall. Nice work.

Don't you know how Arithmetic works? One of the great things about an Arithmetic deck is that you don't need Item Finders. Almost everything can be used at once, so Item Finder isn't needed. That almost guarantees a safe Oak, too! I added Mary to contribute to that. And Sneasel defeats the purpose, because most Sneasel decks require Item Finder, in case of Super Energy Removal. Rocket's Zappy can just get the Energy right back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back