Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arizona State Championships March 9th, 2013

spookees

The 2013 Arizona Pokémon State Championship is coming!!!

There will also be a Pokémon Arizona State VGC tournament (see details below)!!

Bring your DS with your Black 2 or White 2 game cartridge! (Charge your DS prior to the event)​

Basic Information

Arizona Cultural Academy & College Prep (Event will be in the School Gym)
7810 S 42nd Pl. (off Baseline) Phoenix, AZ 85042

IMPORTANT: There will be construction on the street. DO NOT Park in the street or at the Fire Department. Parking will be in the Lot next to the Gym. We will have signs posted.

Date: Saturday, March 9th, 2013

Time: ---->Registration begins at 8:30 AM (Registration ends at 10:15 AM). Player meeting begins at 10:30AM.
The main tournament (swiss rounds) can last 5 to 6 hours.

Decklist: You must be in the registration line with your decklist ready no later than 10:15AM or you may receive a first round loss or not be allowed to enter the event.
Don't be late!
Please see this link for a decklist you can print out: http://pokegym.net/decklist/pokemon.htm

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 2002 or later) / Seniors (born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001) / Masters (born in 1997 or earlier)
Format:
Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own 60 card deck - Cards are allowed from Black & White or later as well as Black Star Promos BW01 and higher, McDonalds Promo Collection cards and Black & White Trainer Kit cards).
Note: A limited amount of loaner decks are available for new players who want to participate but may not have a legal deck to use.
Style: We will do Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round in their age group)

Cost: FREE

Play Points: All participants will receive 3 Play! Points!

All participants will receive a 2013 States promo card and exclusive randomizer just for playing(while supplies last).

What are the prizes??

Please click on this link to see all the prizes for each age group:http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/tcg-stateprovinceterritory-championships/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokémon Arizona State VGC Tournament

Time: Registration begins at 5pm (Registration ends at 5:45pm). Players will receive a special exclusive Pokémon VGC promotional item for entering the tournament! (While supplies last!)

Players must follow rules listed Here. Players must have 4-6 Pokémon in their Battle Box ready to play. Each player must submit a team sheet (please email for the sheet, they will also be available at the event).

You may only use your Black 2 or White 2 game cartridge!

Cost: FREE

Video Game Prizes: Prizes for top 4 in each age division.
1st - $30 to Game Stop
2nd - $20 to Game Stop
3rd - $15 to Game Stop
4th - $10 to Game Stop

Additional Information: Call/Text (602) 791-4941 or e-mail [email protected]

Free Pokemon Raffles!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VENDOR Information!!

JJ Comics will be setting up tables at the event.

They will have for sale:

Plasma Storm packs
Sleeves
Deckboxes
Playmats
Dice
and MORE!!

We will also have Japanese Deckboxes and plushies for sale!

If you need anything specific please email me at [email protected]. JJ Comics will respond to your requests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOOD Information!!

The school will be opening up their cafeteria during the event.

Menu

Vending Machines Are Available All The Time!!

(CASH ONLY – TAX INCLUDED)

LUNCH will be available from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
DINNER will be available from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

1. Cheese pizza slice ……………………….$1.50
2. Fried Chicken 2 pc. Leg & thigh.....$3.00
3. Biscuit …… $0.50
4. Pure beef hotdog …………$1.50
5. String cheese ……………… $0.50
6. Chips (hot cheetos/ruffles/lays orig./lays Bar B. Q.) …… $0.50
7. Chilled fruit can ……….$1.00
8. Coffee/tea …………… $1.00
9. Gatorade 20 oz ……… $1.50
10. CapriSun …………………$0.50
11. Sunny D ……………………$1.00
12. Soda can ……………………$1.00
13. Water bottle ………………$0.50
14. Donut …………………………$1.00
15. Small juice ……………… $0.75

Last edited:
Can't wait to use my Squirtle- Virbank City- hypnotoxic- plus power donk deck. Watch out sabledonk, Tornadus donk! Watch out, AZ!!

I'll have to be there but I'll need to get a ride with someone. Expect some kind of bird deck from me.

If everything goes as planned, the Santa Fe crew will be there. Looking forward to playing with y'all.

I just sent you guys an email with attachments to help with parking at the event and the registration form for VGC....don't forget to bring your DS too! Its going to be an awesome day!

Also, the school will have their cafeteria open all day. I hope to have a list of items and prices before the event to help everyone plan for the day.

Are there any hotels close by?
I may or may not make this tournament. Have a weird work schedule but it is looking like a possibility.

Your best bet would be to call/email the TO for hotel information if it's difficult to find online.

Just updated the information and added the Menu and prices for food at the cafeteria. All drinks and food must be kept in the Cafeteria area.
Food and drinks will not be allowed in the playing area.

Watch for more updates this in the next day or two, I am trying to work out a deal with one of the hotels near the mall.

Surprises await those registering to play!

Well, I tried to get a discount at any of the closest hotels and they would not budge as the event was not being held at their location.
I researched others in the area that are just down the highway alittle.
The best rate is at Motel 6, info below:
It’s the most reasonable rates...everyone else is 100 bucks or more.

MOTEL 6

=======================================================
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/...le&utm_content=Srch&utm_term=Motel-6-Chandler
PROPERTY (Rates start at $59 )
CHANDLER, AZ
7445 W CHANDLER BLVD
CHANDLER, AZ 85226
Phone: 480-940-0308
Fax: 480-705-9019

Back