Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arizona's Last Pre-Release

Lugias_Realm

Well lets just say that the last 3 weeks have been interesting!!! After that slight mis-hap at the Battle Road where one of the players broke 2 of my knuckles while playing RPS(actually did it myself, but what I typed sounds better) I decieded to give the last pre release a chance and try and redeem myself and deflect some of the ribbing I been have taking over what I feel was a accident that could have happen to anyone:biggrin:
Draft goes well, 1st pack actually contains a holo and rev holo Raikou along with a mars.
After going through all the cards and having to actually leave out some pretty good 2-1-2 lines I end up playing
2-1 Magmar/ Magmorter
1 Ho-Oh
1 Entei
1 stantler
2 Militank
1 Lugia
2 Mars
1 Roseannes Research
1Oaks Visit
1 potion
4x fire, 4x psychic, 3x grass, 3x electric, 3x water, 3x fighting, 3x basix dark, 3x basic metal

Not a deck that took a lot of imagination but seemed to be something that a one handed non Rock-Paper- Scizor type player might be able to play without having to worry about another player trying to take me out again.
Rd 1 WIN, with Militank stall, Ho-Oh for the win
Rd 2 Lugia start, Ho-oh on the bench, WIN.
Rd 3 Stall with Lugia, Roseanne gets magmar, had the Magmorter-Bazooka for the WIN
Rd 4 Ho-Oh start, Magmorter on bench, played mars and picked his Donphan he just searched for and put it back on the bottom, WIN
Rd 5 Militank stall, another Donphan player. Again mars got the Donphan, bottom of deck, knocked out
the phamphy with all the Energy, Ho-Oh or Lugia for the WIN

5 rounds , 5 wins and no injurys!!! Hope this reaches it's way back to PUI as a certain staff member who will remain name less,(Mike ) has been having the time of his life since finding out about my RPS accident. Still waiting for those flowers Mike...

Last edited:
Good job John. I'd give ya the thumbs up symbol, but they dont have any here w/ a cast on it. :biggrin:

Keith

Back