Armaldo/Delcatty

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SlimeyGrimey, Jan 4, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

The strategy behind this deck is that I get a Delcatty going early and abuse its power while building up an Armaldo on the bench. Once I get one Armaldo going I start on a second one to prevent my opponent from warp pointing out my active Armaldo so they can play supporters. This deck will have trouble against grass and fighting resistant cards, or other overly Delcatty reliant decks. Anyway, here's the deck:

Pokemon:20
    4 Armaldo
    4 Anorith
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Delcatty
    4 Skitty

Trainers:22
    4 Masterball
    2 Ancient Ruins
    3 Energy Recycle System
    3 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    2 Weakness Guard
    2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    4 Potion

Energy:18
    18 Fighting Energy

So anyway any comments are appreciated.

2. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

-2 Fighting Energy
    -1 Masterball
    +3 Copycat

You need drawing, and Copycat works perfectly with your deck. They cannot use the supporters so they keep them in their hand and their hand grows and you copycat it and get a huge draw.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would drop 4 cards, and add a 2/2 Magneton line. Should be easy enough, since 2-3 of them will be Energy Recylce System. Of course you will have to add in 4-6 Lightning to replace the same # of Fighting.

4. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

Prime:That's all well and good, except for I would have to switch Armaldo out of the active spot in order to play copycat. (Plus I thin my deck very quickly as is)

Spectreon: Hmm... Interesting. I kind of like this idea, mostly because it gives me an alternate attacker without taking anything away from the deck-basically just replaces my energy recycle systems.

Okay, I updated the list, here it is:

Pokemon:24
    4 Armaldo
    4 Anorith
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Delcatty
    4 Skitty
    2 Magneton
    2 Magnemite

Trainers:19
    4 Masterball
    2 Ancient Ruins
    3 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    2 Weakness Guard
    2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    4 Potion

Energy:17
    11 Fighting
    6 Lightning

The original version went 2-1 against a Flygon deck. Really made me want to add Crystal Shards. Also, I'm wondering if there is something I could replace the weakness guards and the Briney's with but I can't think of what I could use to cover my weaknesses instead.

Thanks for the help guys, I look forward to more.

5. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

here we go this should help a lot.

-2 Mr. Briney's Compassion

+2 Desert Shaman

Desert Shaman helps me prevent decking and hurts my opponent. I can go like this: Desert Shaman, Magneton/Delcatty, other one.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The only other thought i have on this deck is Sableye. For 2vs2 it is a must, for 1vs1 it is a serious thoguht. It lets your opponent get 1 free turn with a supporter, but it lets you use it first. In 2vs 2 it is just broken, having Armoldo and Sableye both active.... lolololololol!!!!

7. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

here is my 2 cents....

4 Armaldo
    4 Anorith
    4 Claw Fossil
    3 Delcatty
    3 Skitty
    3 Magneton
    3 Magnemite

3 Masterball
    2 Ancient Ruins
    3 pokenav
    2 desert shaman
    2 Switch
    3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    3 hyper Potion
    1 town vol.

10 Fighting
    5 Lightning
    2 cyclone

just a thought?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Another side thought... Boost.. not for Armoldo, but for the occassional times you attack with Ton/Catty. Its like 3 Plus Powers for the cost of your energy attachment. I would only add 2 at most, but could come in handy....

9. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

Stupid computer. I had this whole post typed up and then "cannot find pokegym.net/newreply". deleted my whole post. Oh well.

Anyway, Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate your help.

Spectreon: I only plan on using this deck in 1vs1. I might try Sableye but I doubt it will stay in the deck for too long. (takes up a lot of space.) I will definitely try Boost energy, and I think it will probably stay in the deck.

Mob: Your deck looks alright, but it has too many supporters. I thought about going 3/3 with the Delcatty/Magneton lines, but I didn't know if I would be able to get Delcatty fast and consistantly enough. With the draw you added it might be able to work. I like the Hyper Potions, they'll work well with Magneton. Cyclone energy instead of Warp Point? Hmm... I'll think about that.

I'm going to playtest right away. I'll post the new decklist as soon as I'm done.

10. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Which Delcatty???

11. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

Sorry, I couldn't post the decklist because I was having problems with my internet connection.

Pokekid: I'm using the Delcatty with the Poke-power Energy Draw.

Anyway here is the new decklist. I haven't playtested a whole lot so it hasn't changed a lot.

4 Armaldo
    4 Anorith (Fast Evolution)
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Delcatty
    4 Skitty (Minor Errand-Running)
    2 Magneton
    2 Magnemite (Random Spark)

4 Masterball
    2 Ancient Ruins
    3 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    2 Weakness Guard
    2 Desert Shaman
    2 Hyper Potion
    2 Potion

10 Fighting Energy
    5 Lightning Energy
    2 Boost Energy

12. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

I was thinking playing -2 Anorith, -1 Master Ball, and +3 Rare Candy. My bro plays sumtin like tis, works naice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.