Armaldo's Terror (Neo On)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Carrington388, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Pokémon (16)
    2 Anorith (w/Double Scratch) (EX: Sandstorm)
    1 Anorith (w/Fast Evolution) (EX: Sandstorm)
    2 Armaldo (EX: Sandstorm)
    3 Cacnea (w/Poison Payback) (EX: Sandstorm)
    2 Cacturne (EX: Sandstorm)
    2 Tyrogue (Aquapolis)
    2 Tyrogue (Neo Discovery)
    2 Cleffa (Promo #31)

Trainers (24)
    4 Claw Fossil (EX: Sandstorm)
    4 Mail from Bill (Neo Destiny)
    4 Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
    4 Moo-Moo Milk (Neo Genesis/Expedition)
    4 Fighting Cube 01 (Aquapolis)
    4 Lure Ball (Skyridge)

Energy (20)
    20 Fighting Energy

Neo On is by far the format I'm best at building for. This allows any set Neo Genesis on with any promo from Wizards #21 onward. This building style makes for some very interesting Unlimited decks.

Anyway, I decided to surround this deck around Armaldo and Cacturne. If you're fighting with Armaldo, who's the heavy hitter around here, your opponent's Supporter strategies will not work. That means no Copycat, no Town Volunteers, no Fisherman, no Lanette's Net Search, no Lady Outing, no Supporters whatsoever! Supporters are rampant these days, and denying Supporter strategies will leave your opponent unprepared. I split between the Armaldos. The one I have more of is there for pre-evolved power, even though I think it has 20 HP too many. I also allowed the one that gets Evolutions out of the deck so that you can get Armaldo or Cacturne faster. I think that one also has too much HP by at least 20.

Since I was going to use Cacturne and no Grass Energy, I had to find the most efficient Cacnea. It turned out that the one I needed had the same Poisoning ability as Cacturne. Sure it doesn't do much in the damage department, but evolve it into Cacturne and your opponent had better watch out! Their Bench is now in trouble and cards like Lum Berry and Full Heal won't do much good. And if you suspect your opponent's about to go onto a Supporter outrage, bring Armaldo back into the fray and watch it work! Best of all, you can deliver a nasty surprise to those expecting to KO Armaldo using Weakness by bringing Cacturne back into the fray.

As for the Baby mix, I put in 2 Aquapolis Tyrogue for taking down Special Energy, 2 Neo Discovery Tyrogue for its damaging ability with Baby protection, and 2 promo Cleffa for assisting in the draw engine.

I designed the Trainer mix around an active Armaldo. That meant no Supporters. Therefore, I used Mail from Bill as a Birch-like draw engine that's not a Supporter. Energy Stadium will keep the 20 Energy coming back to your hand for use. Moo-Moo Milk is the principal healing card. Fighting Cube 01 is very useful on a very hurt Armaldo, allowing it up to 110 damage if you're very lucky. Lure Ball fetches only Evolutions, but it was the closest non-Supporter equivalent to Town Volunteers I could get on short notice.

Any comments, fixes, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.