Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ashes, Ashes we all fall down. . .(Blaziken/EX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
So I got my goal of getting 2 Blaziken EX and 2 Team Aqua's Manectric Lines at the pre-release so here is the deck I came up with.

Pokemon(25):
4x Torchic
2x Combusken
3x Blaziken (Fire Starter)
2x Blaziken EX
2x Team Aqua's Manectric
2x Team Aqua's Electrite
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
4x Dunsparce
2x Rayquaza EX

Trainers(19):
4x Oracle
4x Prof. Oak's Research
4x Rare Candy
4x TV Reporter
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

Energies(16):
4x Electric
12x Fire

You know the drill, any fixes?

Last edited:
I would suggest the following changes:

1. Add an additional blaziken-you need to be able to set-up 2.
You don't want to lose because they are both in your prizes.
2. Add 1 Entei ex-not overpowering but it gives you an additional
attacker.
3. Add 3 TV reporter-the oracle/tv/delcatty combo is
much more powerful.
4. Minus 3 Pro. elm-not needed with oracle/tv/kitty combo.
5. Minus 5 fire energy-13 are ok.
6. Add 3 electric or even better 3 double rainbow. This enables
manectric to be a back-up attacker which could be really good
against a water pokie.

These changes hopefully will give you more lines of
attack. With a 2/2 blaziken line you will lose some games
because critical cards are in your prizes.
The extra attackers might keep you in the game
and even free up your prize bound blazikens.

I personally feel that the amphy line is better than the manectric.
It takes 5 cards versus 4 but frees up a couple of warp point/switches.
Hope this helps.

I dunno about the Entei, I mean Rayquaza would be a better single support attacker wouldn't it? Also it can work with the energy needs of Manectric.

Ok so how about this version:

Pokemon(24):
4x Torchic
2x Combusken
2x Blaziken EX
2x Team Aqua's Manectric
2x Team Aqua's Electrite
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
4x Dunsparce
1x Rayquaza EX

Trainers(18):
4x Oracle
4x Prof. Oak's Research
4x Rare Candy
3x TV Reporter
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

Energies(18):
4x Electric
14x Fire

Last edited:
Much better....I agree on the rayquaza.....I think it
is much stronger.....
I would drop 2 fire NRG and add
one more rayquaza and one more tv reporter.

the four electrics still make manectric a viable
back-up attacker....

Third time is a charm:

Pokemon(25):
4x Torchic
2x Combusken
2x Blaziken EX
2x Team Aqua's Manectric
2x Team Aqua's Electrite
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
4x Dunsparce
2x Rayquaza EX

Trainers(19):
4x Oracle
4x Prof. Oak's Research
4x Rare Candy
4x TV Reporter
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

Energies(16):
4x Electric
12x Fire

Edit: how did this suddenly become nearly the exact same thing as the new BAR deck?

Last edited:
pretty close......blaziken ex is a supporter and aqua man. replaces
amphy.....
basically a
B laziken
R ayquaza
A qua manectric
D elcatty
D unsparce
a BRADD....

so far not very original...............

Last edited:
Ez1 said:
pretty close......blaziken ex is a supporter and aqua man. replaces
amphy.....
basically a
B laziken
R ayquaza
A qua manectric
D elcatty
D unsparce
a BRADD....

so far not very original...............
Someone else came up with a different name for this kind of deck:
Rayquza
Aqua's
Manectric
Blaizken
OHKO
RAMBO
I wouldn't suggest Aqua's Manectric,it will slow you down.

OMGosh, manectric OWNS ampharos in EVERY way. Manectric is one stage lower, has a better attack, has a lower retreat cost, can be pumped up with dark energy, and won't be shuffled out when the modified changes. Ampharos is useless now in BAR decks if you are smart and play with the better electric mover.

Prime said:
OMGosh, manectric OWNS ampharos in EVERY way. Manectric is one stage lower, has a better attack, has a lower retreat cost, can be pumped up with dark energy, and won't be shuffled out when the modified changes. Ampharos is useless now in BAR decks if you are smart and play with the better electric mover.

Actually Ampharos still has it's advantages. Ampharos allows you to move your energy from Blaziken and Dunsparce and what ever else instead of JUST him self like Manectric. I agree Manectric is good but I might stay with Ampharos I'm not sure.

I don't know why you would. An extra stage takes up room in the deck and without the stage 2, you can add more to the deck. Heck, you could try aqua belt and get manectric out first turn(well inbetween you and your opponent's first turn). AMpharos, you got to search your deck for a stage 2 AND have the rare candy. It's just so much easier to get manectric out, and it has a way better attack. Heck it's blaziken's attack but it does 10 to every bench. With dark, it would be able to do more damage. AMpharos has a crappy attack, 4 for 40, discard all energy and do 80, stupid attack really. IMO Manectric just owns ampharos in every catagory.

Steven B said:
Entei Ex is a very good Pokemon to bring from the bench to launch a suprise attack. :)

But its only 90 and its still weak to water. Meanwhile Ray EX is resistant to Water and can do unlimited.

I think rayquaza is still the better choice. It is much needed tech against water. Now with manectric, there is more water, so BAR really has no weakness now.

Prime said:
I don't know why you would. An extra stage takes up room in the deck and without the stage 2, you can add more to the deck. Heck, you could try aqua belt and get manectric out first turn(well inbetween you and your opponent's first turn). AMpharos, you got to search your deck for a stage 2 AND have the rare candy. It's just so much easier to get manectric out, and it has a way better attack. Heck it's blaziken's attack but it does 10 to every bench. With dark, it would be able to do more damage. AMpharos has a crappy attack, 4 for 40, discard all energy and do 80, stupid attack really. IMO Manectric just owns ampharos in every catagory.

Read my post about WHY I would use it over Manectric.

Actually Ampharos still has it's advantages. Ampharos allows you to move your energy from Blaziken and Dunsparce and what ever else instead of JUST him self like Manectric. I agree Manectric is good but I might stay with Ampharos I'm not sure.

In addition to that ampharos DOES have the better HP also.

The whole Manectric vs. Amphy discussion is pointless, right now IMO the better card still is Ampharos for a few reasons.

1st: Everyone says it takes up less room. ALL BAR decks should play 2/1/2 on Ampharos, with Manectric your basically dropping the Flaffy to go 2/2. THATS 1 SPOT, HOW DOES THAT MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?
2nd: Better HP, with Salamance starting to show up a bit more, Amphy is by far better than manectric which Sallymance eats ALIVE
3rd- Its attack is godly vs Wailords and other random water, also for the whole wobbuffet issue.

tA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back