Attack enemy Weak Points for Massive Damage!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SuicidalPikachu, Feb 12, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

ZERG.Deck

Pokemon: 21

4-4-4 Porygon Z

4 Pachirisu GE

2 Volbeat GE
    2 Illumise GE

1 Unown G

Energy: 15

2 DRE
    3 Grass
    2 Water
    3 Fighting
    3 Psychic
    2 Lightning

Trainers: 27

4 Celio
    2 Roseanne's
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Mr. Stone's
    2 TGW
    3 Prof. Oak's visit
    1 Warp Point
    2 Windstorm
    2 Scott
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Lake Boundary

Strat:

basically, you want turbo PoryZ. I kept it at 4-4-4 line because Porygon 2 is an AMAZING card. you can discard supporters and use their effects, so essentially you are doing 2+ supporters a turn. Volbeat, while many people would shrug off as a useless common, actually works well with the deck. If you have illumise in play, you can take a supporter from the discard and put it on top of your deck. this would include Mr.Stones if you run out of energy from PoryZ's power, TGW if your hand is dead, or you want to disrupt your opponent, and anything else. I'm still working with the trainer line, so I could use some help. but I'm pretty sound on the pokemon line.

alrighty, let's look at match-ups:

GG- Discard Psychic+Lake Boundary+2heads=1shot, however, Lake Boundary+Psycho Cut=1-shot. this is a fairly hard match-up, but if you can get set-up, you can tackle this thing unless you are really unlucky... 50-50

Magmortar- Discard Water+2heads=1-shot, this is a nice matchup in your favor, you deal more damage in the long run, and it's harder for magmortar to 1shot you back. i realize they run FF as well, it doesn't hurt THAT much. 65-35

DWD- i havent seen this around in awhile, but: lightning energy+1 heads+lake boundary=1shot murkrow, 2 heads=1-shot honchkrow, Absol you have to worry a lil about, but Sableye is the real annoyance because you have to tkae the 2 retreat cost. still, you can 1shot it easily. 60-40

Blissey- Discard Fighting+Lake Boundary+2heads=1-shot. as with magmortar its hard for them to take back that prize. i realize they run FF as well, it doesn't hurt THAT much. 70-30

Banette- discard and get 2 heads for the 1shot, it takes 2 banette to take out 1 poryz, but it's an interesting match. 60-40

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  2. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

good ideas dood, i like it, you mention your bannette matchup though but don't have any basic ds,

i don't think they are really needed though because you'd have to be crazy to play bannette with darkrai out, , weavile blissey darkrai has been talked about since before MT came out so some people that don't know how bad it will do will play it no doubt, even some people with really good lists that have a chance of winning will do well, to tell you the truth the only reason darkrai has a chance of winning in my area is because, the player that won with gallade at like every cities here might play darkai, possibly leaving me to defend gallade, hopefully not though LOL

3. SuicidalPikachu

you dont need basic darks to beat Banette, all you have to do is get 2 heads in a type other than colorless. and darkrai being x2 weak to fighting already makes it a really easy target for this deck. just slap down unown g and you cant be put to sleep.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

yeah i didn't realize that's what you meant, good point

5. SuicidalPikachu

any more suggestions?

6. Ask Andy. He was looking for 4 Z's so I know he will know what to do with them. Good Luck.

7. mewlover777

mewlover777 New Member

It sure is a little flippy don ya think? but what happens to theNRG when they go to discard pile? why not run...MAGNETON!!! just to get back those NRG u discard incase u don't get a mr.stone'sreasearch

8. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Well its hard to get a more blunt deck name than this :lol:
    Drop the Visits for Mars, robbing your opponent of multiple card every turn is evil.

9. SuicidalPikachu

mars is actually an interesting idea, i may just do that. the only problem is that, sometimes i use Volbeat's power at the start of my turn, so i can draw the supporter i need using Oak's, with mars i would only draw that card and 1 other, which lowers the draw, but it is still an interesting idea. i enjoy being able to cycle TGWs for hand disruption, helped alot when i was playing against one of my friend's deck.

however, no i am not playing magneton in this, it is clunky at best and i have little trouble getting Mr.Stones by the time i need it, i have scotts that can grab them if i dont draw into it. and adding a magneton line will make it HARDER to get out Mr.Stones, it reduces the multiple Pory2s/Volbeats.

and the deck name is from a joke @ aardvarks... i found it too tempting to not use, the real name for the deck is gonna be Zerg...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.