Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Audino Regenerator

Prime

Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host
I just caught me this awesome Audino that restores HP when ever it switches out.

I was wondering if attacks like Baton Pass or Volt Switch would activate Audino's ability? I'm not even sure Audino can learn those attacks, but I was just wondering if non-player activated switching can cause the restoring of HP? Would Substitute count as switching out? (again, don't know if Audino can learn sub)

At this time, I am only certain of the use of Substitute being used. Using Substitute will not activate the ability.
If you switch, the ability activates.

Audino can learn Substitute by TM.

Audino does not learn any moves that can make it switch out of battle.

Not sure as to what you mean for "non-player activated"- do you mean like if the opponant Pokemon uses Roar on Audino?

Sure, like that. Or Whirlwind.

Non-player-clicking-Pokemon-choosing-new-pokemon-switching. Whew.

Cool- ok here is the thing.
TBH, at this time (and still researching into this aspect of a "force-switch" from the opponant..... I am not certian but I will "talk it out" to see if I can find the solution.

First, switching out a Pokemon is a first priority action, meaning that if you switch out a Pokemon, that will happen before any attackes take place.
Swithching out is considered and advantage move with a consequence effect. You switch out strategically to avoid something, yet take some attack to the new Pokemon to either gain or suffer a hit for the least amount of damage to be taken so as to not have the switching out Pokemon faint or suffer a serious attack.

If Regenerator is to "reward" a Pokemon that is being switched out, then it activates under the control of the player who has that Pokemon in play. I think that since and opposing attack like Roar or Whirlwind is designed to work in favor of the stratigic play by the opponant, then Regenerator should not work since it is not an action in favor of the player that controls Audino.

At this time, I think it is best to believe that Regenerator will not work in the case of your opponant using Roar or an attack of the sort since it is based on who is in control of the switching process.

A "forced" switch is a stratagy by the opponant, while switching out is a stratagy for the defendant. I do not think Regenerator favors for an action caused by the defendant.

I will still look into this, but at this time- No, I do not think Regenerator will work if the opponant forces a switch on you.

Regenerator whenever you go back to the bench from being the active Pokemon. This includes switching out, Volt Switching out, getting Roar'd or Whirlwind'd, getting Dragon Tail's, Eject Button, etc..

I could not find a direct answer for this. I could only find some info, but it wasn't specific on if it was activated on if your opponant forced the switch on you. 4 sites, and no real definition of the ability working or not on your opponant forcing the sswitch on you. Glad to know how the ability works.

Please understand, that in the video games "Switching out" is not a term reserved for when you actually select the Switch command.
For example Roar's in game text in Fire Red and Leaf Grean states, "The foe is made to switch out with an ally."
Likewise is Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, "Causes the target to switch out of battle. "
It's simply a term used for whenever a Pokemon leaves the playing field, for whatever reason, and under any circumstance.

That's why Pursuit's special effect, can also be triggered by a faster Pokemon using U-Turn or Volt Switch, though not a slower one.
I was wondering if attacks like Baton Pass or Volt Switch would activate Audino's ability?
I was just wondering if non-player activated switching can cause the restoring of HP?
So, yes to all.

Though, Prime.
If you really want a Pokemon that utilizes Regenarator in that way. Then look to Mienshao.
It learns U-Turn though leveling up (geez...subtle) or by TM, and can gain to Baton Pass through breeding.

Hope that Helps.

F.Y.I.

Wanna know I who I think will be really cool with Regenarator, if he ever sees the light of day?
Ho-oh...:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back