Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Pokemonboy2003, Aug 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Pokemonboy2003

Pokemonboy2003 New Member

You see on the avatars, the background colors are white? That can make it look ugly sometimes, on different background colors, like this blue/purple color. I think, they shouyld be made into gif/pngs with a invisable background. Comments? Death Threats?

2. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

It really doesnt make a difference, and It's way too much work to get done.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  3. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

It was no different on the WotC 'gym; I guess if it's so unsightly, one could always decide to not use an avatar...

'mom

4. It would also be impracticle.

The Pokemon in the avatars are fairly small in terms of how many pixels they occupate. In order to make the background transparent, and make the Pokemon blend (into the background), their borders would have to have absolutely NO fading into white. They'd have to have a completely one pixel solid outline. That would NOT work well with their current size.

We get several hundred avatars. Out of the blue. And already you're whining? :p

5. Marril

Marril New Member

There's just no pleasing some people. S'long as Marril's a selectable avatar, I'm happy. :p

6. Tego

Tego New Member

Only 251 Pokémon? I wanted all 386! In fact, I want them right now, come on!

=P

7. Pokemonboy2003

Pokemonboy2003 New Member

Sorry... just a suggestion.

8. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

hmm... no :)

9. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Everyone, please be patient. I'm sure the Admin's are working to get the next batch (the Hoenn poke's to go with the Kanto and Johto ones), so we'd like to thank all you folks out there who are doing this for us. We appreciate it. :)

10. Yugi's_tough_chick

Yugi's_tough_chick New Member

I know where to get images for the R/S Pokemon, if anyone wants to go find them and use those.Just let me know.

11. TR Shadow

TR Shadow New Member

I...must...have...my...tomato...

I really don't care about the background, as long as they dance. *Luffs her pretty tomato*