Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Azumarill Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokemon Master

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
The point of this deck is to get Azumarill powered up with water energy and to get him out as fast as possible. Then, if he dies, I can bring him and the water energy back with the various trainers. The only thing I am worried about is that I put in way too many supporters. Also, I am thinking I may not even the Swampert line. What do you guys think?

20 Pokemon
4 Mudkip
3 Marshstomp
3 Swampert
4 Marill
4 Azumarill
2 Dunsparce

25 Trainers
4 Oaks Research
3 Seer
3 Town Volunteers
3 Pokemon Fan Club
3 Switch
3 Full Heal
3 Elm's Training
3 Fisherman

15 Water Energy

Last edited:
Hm. Looks just a tad slow, and heavy on the supporters.

Pokemon: 23
4x Mudkip
2x Marshstomp
3x Swampert
4x Marill
4x Azumarill
2x Dunsparce
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

Trainers: 22
3x Oaks Research
3x Rare Candy
2x Seer
3x Town Volunteers
2x Pokemon Fan Club
3x Switch
3x Elm's Training
3x Fisherman

Energy: 15
15x Water Energy

Ok. Delcatty gives you increased draw power, obviously, and you certainly do have the ability to get it back into your hand. (And you commented that you can't get your hands on the Fisherman, you might consider that new energy recycle type card from Dragon) Also, the rare candy. It's not the case that you just simply use it to evolve from Mudkip to Swampert. The idea behind the 'Blitzkrieg' method of attack has always been the best method for the Pokemon TCG, seeing as how we have such massive card drawing and search engine options. (Which is just a fancy way of saying 'speed = good') Remember that rare candy also lets you place a basic then evolve it immediately, aside from your first turn. THUS, you could conceivably pull some annoying stunt such as placing a marril, evolving, and throwing down a few energy cards. Instant attacker. You have a COMPLETE element of surprise that you wouldn't have without the rare candy. Good luck tommorow! :)

ERS is a top card for a trainer, 3 energy to your deck or 1 to your hand's got me outta few dodgey situations, speedds things up a touch too.

Are you getting a good return on seer?? The stats would suggest finding another 2-3 spaces for energy cards to up the number you get out for azumarril.

Weakness guard for amphy??

Drop Swampert... Azu can burn a turn to put as many NRG on it as you want... I say

Pokemon: 20
2x Magnemite
2x Magneton
2x Azurill
4x Marill
4x Azumarill
2x Dunsparce
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

Trainers: 22
4x Oaks Research
3x Seer
3x Town Volunteers
3x Switch
4x Master Ball
3x Energy Recycle System

Energy: 20
12x Water Energy
4x Lightning
4x Boost

Now you can change Strategy, and it is even more awsome in 2-2 play. You can switch Master Ball back to PETM, or even Fast Ball 1/3 cahnce of any evo basically non suporter style, but tried to lower supporters a bit for you. I would use Recycle System over Fisherman since I added Magneton. ERS will most likely be used to add 3 to your deck, then draw a more into your hand (Catty's Power and Oaks/Seer). Boost is a bonus 30 to Delcatty/Magneton's attack, and 3 extra flips on a Azumarril. Azurril can go get trainers, and complete the Azumarril line. Now your weakness are spread to Fight/Light and while they dont cover each other, it will be harder to type match. All 3 Pokemon can build their attacks based on # of NRG on them (actually Ton does on everyone on your side of the feild)

In 2-2 Azumarril can super power any of the 3 you need for type matching if possible, since it can put it on either, and uses all attached to both your actives for all 3 I believe.... not completely sure on Catty though.

Re:

Energy: 19
17 Water Energy
2 Bounce Energy

Trainer: 27
2 Fisherman
3 Seer
3 Energy Restore
3 Forest Guardian
4 Hyper Potion
4 Potion
4 Switch
4 Copycat

Pokémon: 14
3 Delcatty RSH
3 Skitty RS1
4 Azumarill SS
4 Marill SS

Energy Restore: Better than ERS, I think. And it isn't a supporter like Fisherman.
Hyper Potion: -5 counters for 2 Energy cards from a Pokémon... that will be recycled with Restore/Fisherman
Forest Guardian: Easy to understand why I added that, no?
Bounce Energy: Well: attach Bounce, return 2 Water, use Drizzle. Max Bubbles says "for each Energy", so that's an useful combo.
Copycat: It's better than O'sR, in this deck. You need many Energies, you need many cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back