Baby Pokemon Ruling

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by MuRa, Apr 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MuRa

MuRa New Member

I posted this on the ask the master site but until I get an answer, I would like something...

Does the "Baby Rule" apply to new babies? IE Basic with Poke-Power "Baby Evolution". The store where I play Pokemon, everyone is convinced it does still apply, but it doesn't make sense to me but I can't find any proof to convince them. Help me out? Or tell me if I'm wrong and it still does apply.

2. annisarich

annisarich New Member

the new "baby pokemon" are Basic Pokemon Cards ity says so on them.
    The old "baby pokemon" are baby cards

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

So they're playing them as 50 HP "Babies?
    It doesn't bother them that it doesn't say that they are Baby Pokemon, that they don't have the Baby Rule printed on them, that they don't say that they evolve into the mathcing Basic, and so on?

4. dkates

dkates New Member

The Baby Rule isn't printed on those cards, therefore, it doesn't apply to them. Just like the ex rule is printed on every Pokémon-ex, the Baby Rule is printed on every card it applies to.

5. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

So, does this mean that you can't evolve the new babies into their normal basic?

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Yes, you can. They all have Poké-Powers that let you evolve them into their "matching" Basics.

7. duanojo

duanojo New Member

Yes, they can evolve into their basic counterparts, but it's now a "special" evolution, not a regular evolution, so you have to be careful.

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

For example, since it's a PokePower, it get's past Fossil Aerodactyl.
    But not everything.
    Look at rulings in the Compendium EX.

9. MuRa

MuRa New Member

I've been trying to explain to them that that's why babies have more hp than they use to, but they insist on making me flip. Pokepop, I've seen you post on the "Ask the master" board before, could you post a definitive response there so I could print it out and show them? Thanks :)

10. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sure, will that do, or you need it in the Compendium?

11. MuRa

MuRa New Member

Either would be good :) Thanks!

12. annisarich

annisarich New Member

is the origional question of this thread in regards to flipping to see if you can attack?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  13. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Is the original..what?

14. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

I think that he meant: Is the original question in this thread referring to flipping to see if you can attack against a baby?

15. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

If it's a Baby Pokemon, you flip in order to attack.
    If it's a Basic Pokemon that has the Baby Evolution Power, you don't flip.

No rule printed on the card, no flip.