Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BAD_SKITTYs Invention Released!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD_SKITTY

OK this is mydeck i hope to win states with but i think it needs a little bit more work. Any coments or tips to help the deck are welcome.

pokemon

staryu 2 skyrige(confuce ray)
staryu 1 skyrige(double slap)
Starmie 3 skyrige
Vulpix 1 aquapolis
Ninetails 1 aquapolis
Azurill 1 sandstorm
Natu 1 skyrige
Xatu 1 skyrige
Growlithe 2 aquapolis
Arcanine 1 skyrige
Arcanine 1 aquapolis
charmander 4 dragon
Charmelelon 1 dragon
charmeleon 2 expedition
Charizard 2 dragon
Charizard 1 expedition (pokepower burning energy)

TRAINERS
2 rare candy
1 copycat
2 warp point
1 prof. birch
3 switch
2 elms training
1 oak research
1 pokenav
1 ballon berry
2 fan club
2 town volenteers

ENERGY
13 fire
4 psy

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to all reading- Running more strings of evolutions in a deck than you have fingers on your hand DECREASES consistancy.

I wish i knew about this before the ccs! WOW this so GODLY. I thought Blaziken was good, but i'm so using this at states. FIRST ALL WRAPPED UP NOW.

Last edited:
I love the 1/1 Xatu line. VERY effective when healing against a 120-160 per turn Rayquaza EX. Keep up the good work, BAD DELCATTY!

And TRUK's right, you do need Whishcash. It'll add a seventh evolution line, so if the xatu aren't there, you can dominate Blaziken EX.

There's only one problem with your deck besides the no Whishcash: you only have seven evolution lines: Here's a quick fix:

Pokemon: 60
1 Staryu
1 Starmie
1 Cacnea
1 Cacturne
1 Aqua's Spheal
1 Aqua's Sealo
1 Aqua's Walrein
1 Aqua's Manectric
1 Aqua's Electrike
1 Magma's Torkoal
1 Magma's Baltoy
1 Magma's Claydol
1 Magma's Rhyhorn
1 Magma's Rhydon
1 Aqua's Seviper
1 Magma's Zangoose
1 Natu
1 Xatu
1 Aron
1 Lairon
1 Aggron EX
1 Magma's Aron
1 Magma's Lairon
1 Magma's Aggron
1 Aqua's Poochyena
1 Aqua's Mightyena
1 Suicune EX
1 Raikou EX
1 Entei EX
1 Barboach
30 Whishcash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainers: 0

Energy: 0

That will MOST DEFINETELY win a State Championship.

Wooper out

Oh, for the love of all that's holy, give it a rest, guys. We want to promote sportsmanship in the game, not reveal our(read: your)selves as people so desperate for peer acceptance that you'll turn, hyenalike, on whatever target seems easiest to attack with your particular brand of humor. If you want to do that, exchange phone numbers or screennames and spew your venom at each other, rather than new posters or people legitimately trying to improve decks (yeah, I know, you probably do, but that doesn't make it acceptable here as well). Heck, I've seen better behavior from the worst of the students in my most difficult classrooms, and I've been teaching for quite a while now. Anyway, fixing the deck, without the pent-up teenaged angst in need of a target:

Bad Skitty, in the format you'll be playing in at States, the emphasis will be on setting up the main attacker of your deck quicker than your opponent. If you do a little research by checking other decks posted on this site, you'll see that many people play cards like dunsparce (sandstorm), which allows them to set up their bench quicker. I'd advise that you do so as well. Another key issue in any deck is the chances you give yourself to draw the cards you need. In order to do that, you want to diversify less (or concentrate your power more, whichever phrase helps you conceptually). For example, if your main attacker is Charizard, it doesn't do you much good to have a bunch of arcanine in your hand. Therefore, you'll probably want to trim the number of pokemon lines down a bit. The posters above, despite their manners, did manage to point that deckmaking detail out, albeit in a fashion most of us wish they wouldn't.

Try this out, in terms of a starting deck idea:

4 charmander (your choice)
3 charmeleon (your choice)
3 charizard (dragon)
3 elekid (sandstorm)
3 electabuzz (sandstorm)
3 dunsparce (sandstorm)
Total: 19

4 professor birch
4 professor elm's training method
4 Professor Oak's Research
4 switch
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 town volunteers
1 low pressure system
Total: 21

12 :fire:
8 :lightning

You can use this as a basis for the deck. It maintains the charizard line you'd like to run, includes elekid for faster powerup, and runs electabuzz to continue with the bench hitting theme, as well as offering a counter to water pokemon, since it hits active water pokemon for 80 (weakness doesn't count on those benched pokemon, unfortunately). It is reasonably fast, since elekid can evolve to electabuzz and start hitting the bench for 40 per turn by turn two. What I've listed above is oversimplified, since it doesn't include a great deal of the tech people like to run these days. Many would also tell you there's too much energy, too many switches, and the draw engine isn't optimum. It may not be, depending on where you play, or how you like to run your game. However, it is simple enough to learn with, has a focus, covers its weakness, and sticks to the basic guidelines of deckbuilding. In short, it's a start. Regardless of how many deck lists you see posted here, I'd advise you to do some serious research before your state championship. Check into the decklists of the following decks (which you can find on this site, in this forum):

Gardevoir/-ex
Blaziken/Ampharos/Rayquaza (abbreviated in a variety of ways)
Ampharos/-ex
Aggron -ex/wailord
Gengar/fossils
Wailord/fossils
Salamence
Kingdra -ex
sceptile tech
Swampert/(walrein or suicune -ex)
Muk -ex
Omastar

That doesn't cover all the decks you'll be facing, but it does cover the strongest, as well as a smattering of the deck styles and strategies you might run into. Read the strategies for each, and see how you might want to change your deck to combat those above, as well as any other surprises you might face.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back