BAR Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ColdCoates90, Apr 3, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

Pokemon 26

4 Torchic
    2 Combusken (1lunge,1Flare)
    4 Blaziken
    1 Blaziken EX
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Mareep (Dragon)
    1 Flaafy (Dragon)
    2 Ampharos
    2 Rayquaza EX

Trainers 18

4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Oracle
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Tv Reporter
    1 Copy Cat
    1 Warp Point
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy 16
    12 Fire
    4 Lightning

This is the deck I'll be using for my Gym Challenge and hopefully States.

Some ideas of mine:
    -1 Warp Point
    +1 Switch (Its very annoying to have your opponent switch out their main attacker when your bringing in Rayquaza.)
    -1 Copy Cat
    +1 Tv Reporter
    -1 Lightning
    +1 Multi Energy
    -Dragons Torchics
    +Promo Torchics/Singe

2. ColdCoates90

3. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

- When you have attacked with your Rayquaza ex and your opponent brings in Wobbuffet... aren't you gonna miss more Warp Points/Switches?

- Although Ampharos can send up needed retreat cost energy to Rayquaza ex, I'm guessing you won't always have an Amharos in play, as he is the hardest one to find and get into play, plus you might have to discard that needed lightning energy.

- If you ditch 2 Mareep's, 1 Flaffy, 2 Ampharos & 1 Rare Candy, then you can use 2 Team Aqua's Electrike *) & 2 TA's Manetric in stead... With a bonus of freeing up 2 spaces for Warp Points or other useful stuff.

*) You could use Archie in stead of Electrike, because then you only need to pick Archie as one of the two cards you fetch with Oracle... As Archie will lead you to Manetric + benching him as a basic.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  4. ColdCoates90

I'm not afraid of Wobbufet, I'll either Warp point it away or kill it with Blazikens.

Hes not that hard to get out, just oracle for a rare candy and Ampharos.(Mareep will already be in play because of Dunsparce.)

Ampharos is overall better than Manectric.Your able to move your energy from ANY pokemon with Ampharos.

5. No I think you should stay with Amphy but don't use Dragon Mareeps instead use the ones from what is it expidition?Also add 1 expidition Ampharos.You could go 3 expidition Mareep 1 Dragon Flaffy and 2 expidition Flaffy and finaly 2 AmpharosEX and 1 Ampharos expidition.

6. ColdCoates90

The dragons Mareep are better than the Expediton ones because it has 10 hp more. I won't be using it to attack often.The DR Flaaffy is better than the EXP Flaaffy because you won't want to invest more than 2 energy on it to attack. Ampharos EX is not needed in this deck.

7. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

You only have 1 Warp Point, and that will be hard to find when you need it, plus many players (around here at least) combine Wobbuffet with Kabutops (ex) or other water pokemon... And Blaziken will not kill Wobbuffet in one turn... but some waterpokemon will OHKO Blaziken (Vaporeon, Suicune ex)...

And about Expedition Ampharos, I think his attack is way too poor to use. Either only doing 40 damage (or 80 to water) or double it, but loose all lightnin energies... Using TA's Manetric will make it easier to attack.. kills Suicune ex in one turn... etc etc + the only energy you need to move from a none aqua pokemon is the lone energy attatched to Dunsparce.

But, hey... these are only my preferances.. Don't take them as an invitation to an argument.

8. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

This is not the best bar deck. You probably need at least 2 blaziken ex and 3 rayquazas.

9. ColdCoates90

I don't think I need 2 Blaziken Ex's because if my one Blaziken Ex fails me I probably won't be able to get out another because I'll be using the Torchics for Blazikens. I'll just have to hope its not in my prizes and if it is I'll eventually get it by using Rayquazas. Another Rayquaza? Maybe,, but I think 2 Rayquazas will get the job done.

10. ColdCoates90

Any more fixes? This deck needs to be in top shape for a gym challenge coming up.

11. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Ya i have a fix, you need atleast 2-3 blazikens ex and whats with the ampharos. Replace it with switch and warpoint that way your opponents blaziken ex wont completly mess you up by killing ampharos.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  12. Okay you ether go 2 BlazikenEX and 2 QuazaEX or 3 QuazaEX and 1 BlazikenEX the 2nd one is a better choice if you can make it and I was talking about Aquapolis Mareep.If you want BAR deck you havet ohave AmphyEX in it or else it is Blaziken/Rayquaza.

13. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Jeremy BAR decks use expedition Ampharos not Ampharos EX. The Mareep doesn't matter. Aq Mareep is for an entirely different strategy in Ampharos ex decks.

14. Oh okay I geuss I heard different and I wish I knew more so I wouldon't beleive everything I hear.

15. Hero

Hero New Member

too many BAR decks these days :D

16. Yep but thats off subject.Moltrees423 test the decks out.

17. Hero

Hero New Member

I couldn't of agreed more happily :D

18. I don't know Pidgeotto Trainer had a good point to.

19. Hero

Hero New Member

Yeah, I was referring to the 1 Blazex and 3 Rayquazas or 2 Blazex and 2 Rayquaza. Pidgeotto Trainer does have a excellent point.. but I still don't see it changing the 1/3 or 2/2 varients. It all depends on what the Moltres423 is comfortable with.

20. For Ampharos line 2 expidition and 1 EX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.