Battle Aura (Dragon Frontiers Feraligatr) questions

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by CaptainCarrot, Oct 8, 2007.

1. CaptainCarrot

CaptainCarrot New Member

OK, I got 2 questions which I could do with answers to for a deck my gf is building:

1. Does Battle Aura increase the damage done by Swift (on the Dragon Frontiers Electabuzz, for example)? The reason I ask is because Swift has the text "This damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effect on the Defending Pokémon"

2. How does Battle Aura interact with Exeggutor's Split Bomb? I've read the interaction with Gyarados' Delta Reactor, and the wording on Aura is much the same, but I'd like to confirm.

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Where does the effect of Battle Aura reside?

Once you can work out which Pokemon are being effected by Powers and Bodies it is much easier to figure this type of question out. A very big clue is that effects on the attacking pokemon are applied before weakness and resistance, whereas effects on the defending pokemon are applied after weakness and resistance.

Is Battle Aura applied before weakness and resistance? ....

Swift only ignores effects on the defending Pokemon. Effects on the attacking pokemon using Swift are still applied.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

For battle Aura on Split bomb:

You only have increased damage if you damage the active. The benched pokemon will still take the base 30 damage from Split Bomb. (Reading of Battle Aura will say defending pokemon, similar to Pluspower, IIRC)

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

..you need to work out if Battle Aura is applied before or after weakness. It doesn't matter if the card mentions the defending pokemon or active pokemon, what does matter is where the effect resides.