Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battle Road on MONDAY June 4th?! (Haines City FL)

PokéMart

I've got a couple of questions:
1) Any Florida Peeps know if that is accurate on the OP schedule? I've emailed the PTO for confirmation, but I don't know how often she checks her eMail.

2) Assuming that's true, how do you feel about this premier event being held on a weekday?

If the date is correct, I'm in disbelief. Yes, K-12 school is out, for SOME people (how many go to summer school?) but aside from that, what about those of us in College, or who have JOBS? Or who have parents who can't drive them because they have to work?

I can't remember any premier event EVER being held on a weekday, except for a FEW events which were held on the Friday of a Holiday weekend--which, IMO, is different. This Monday is not a Holiday.

And considering points are on the line??? Discuss...

Hmm it's normal practice for some TOs in the UK. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, but it's been going on for years, with at least one TO running premier events on Wednesdays DURING the school year, not just in the summer holidays.

Hmm it's normal practice for some TOs in the UK. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, but it's been going on for years, with at least one TO running premier events on Wednesdays DURING the school year, not just in the summer holidays.

Maybe in years past I wouldn't have a problem with it...
But we're talking about a time in which those few points won or lost could make ALL THE DIFFERENCE between Worlds and NOT.

I've got a couple of questions:
1) Any Florida Peeps know if that is accurate on the OP schedule? I've emailed the PTO for confirmation, but I don't know how often she checks her eMail.

2) Assuming that's true, how do you feel about this premier event being held on a weekday?

If the date is correct, I'm in disbelief. Yes, K-12 school is out, for SOME people (how many go to summer school?) but aside from that, what about those of us in College, or who have JOBS? Or who have parents who can't drive them because they have to work?

I can't remember any premier event EVER being held on a weekday, except for a FEW events which were held on the Friday of a Holiday weekend--which, IMO, is different. This Monday is not a Holiday.

And considering points are on the line??? Discuss...

It says June 4th on her web site, www.floridapokemon.com
It says June 4th on the OP web site
It says June 4th here on pokegym
It said June 4th on her email that she sent when she announced here prereleases and battle roads
It said June 4th on the fliers she had at the prerelease

I am pritty sure it is June 4th

My opinon about it being on a Monday....

Maybe this was the only day she could get it on. It is at a Community Center........maybe they are booked every weekend and it was either Battle Road at this location on a weekday or no battle road there at all.

Some posts deleted.
This is a valid topic of discussion. Keep the discussion respectful of members

Back